Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ranking system going crazy?

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Ranking system going crazy?

@rongtw You might want to screen-shot it for posterity.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

I-Am-Legend-Poster.jpg

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Thirteen hours ago I became Champion, Seasoned Champion, Aspiring Legend, Legend, and Legend (yes, Legend twice).  It seems that apart form Moderators and PN staff we are all Legends.  At first I thought it might be a virus at work, but if it was North Korean someone like Gandalf would be Great Leader and the rest of us Comrades.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Some of us remain mere veterans!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Maybe cos we are not on the Super User Program - ooops, did I say something I should not have ? 😉

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

That programme is not yet implemented.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Seriously though - is there any mileage in the fact that, as far as I can see, the only ranks to have remained the same are ones beginning with 'Community'.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

You reckon! 

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Super user - yes I recon.

The ranks which have remains static are the ones which are assigned manually rather than calculated.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I see that a new (spamming) member from this morning is already a legend! I thought this had been disabled? @jaread83

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Don't you just get to love the Lithium QA testing regime.Evil

Anonymous
Not applicable

With open arms @MauriceC, but I'm of the opinion that new registrations should be disabled until this is resolved the longer it goes on the more tidying up will need to be done.

Multi-edit, sorry.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

We can't disable new registrations as then it would block legitimate customers wanting to get help. I am aware that new users are being granted the 'Legend' rank. I have removed the permission roles granted for the higher ranks so this should make no difference to how users interact with the forums.

We are waiting for a solution from Lithium right now. Louisa got in touch with senior staff and it has effectively been raised in severity to be looked into as a matter of urgency (similar to if the entire site was to go offline). We have received word that it is being looked into and a solution put in place asap.

I will keep you all updated as and when I get any information about whats happening.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

@198kHz wrote:

Seriously though - is there any mileage in the fact that, as far as I can see, the only ranks to have remained the same are ones beginning with 'Community'.

That is just a coincidence. The mods, admins, veterans, superusers and a couple of others are all regarded as assigned ranks - the only way to get those particular ranks is if you are assigned them by an admin. The problem seems to lie in the ranks that can be earned through posts, likes/thanks and length of time since registering.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

nadger
Rising Star

I'm a superuser on NowTV forum and my rank has suddenly changed to Rupert Murdoch Roll_eyes