cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ranking system going crazy?

Fixes: 318

Re: Ranking system going crazy?

@rongtw You might want to screen-shot it for posterity.

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 69.0.3 (64-bit)

Life is tough enough without adding Linux into the mix.
198kHz
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 15

I-Am-Legend-Poster.jpg

To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a forum upgrade.
Highlighted
Jonpe
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 9

Thirteen hours ago I became Champion, Seasoned Champion, Aspiring Legend, Legend, and Legend (yes, Legend twice).  It seems that apart form Moderators and PN staff we are all Legends.  At first I thought it might be a virus at work, but if it was North Korean someone like Gandalf would be Great Leader and the rest of us Comrades.

Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 32

Community Veteran
Fixes: 42

Maybe cos we are not on the Super User Program - ooops, did I say something I should not have ? 😉

Superuser
Superuser

198kHz
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 15

Seriously though - is there any mileage in the fact that, as far as I can see, the only ranks to have remained the same are ones beginning with 'Community'.

To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a forum upgrade.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 42

You reckon! 

Superuser
Superuser

Super user - yes I recon.

The ranks which have remains static are the ones which are assigned manually rather than calculated.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 43

I see that a new (spamming) member from this morning is already a legend! I thought this had been disabled? @jaread83

Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 14

Don't you just get to love the Lithium QA testing regime.:evil:

Community Veteran
Fixes: 43

With open arms @MauriceC, but I'm of the opinion that new registrations should be disabled until this is resolved the longer it goes on the more tidying up will need to be done.

Multi-edit, sorry.

jaread83
Hero
Fixes: 78

We can't disable new registrations as then it would block legitimate customers wanting to get help. I am aware that new users are being granted the 'Legend' rank. I have removed the permission roles granted for the higher ranks so this should make no difference to how users interact with the forums.

We are waiting for a solution from Lithium right now. Louisa got in touch with senior staff and it has effectively been raised in severity to be looked into as a matter of urgency (similar to if the entire site was to go offline). We have received word that it is being looked into and a solution put in place asap.

I will keep you all updated as and when I get any information about whats happening.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

jaread83
Hero
Fixes: 78

@198kHz wrote:

Seriously though - is there any mileage in the fact that, as far as I can see, the only ranks to have remained the same are ones beginning with 'Community'.

That is just a coincidence. The mods, admins, veterans, superusers and a couple of others are all regarded as assigned ranks - the only way to get those particular ranks is if you are assigned them by an admin. The problem seems to lie in the ranks that can be earned through posts, likes/thanks and length of time since registering.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

nadger
Rising Star

I'm a superuser on NowTV forum and my rank has suddenly changed to Rupert Murdoch :rolleyes: