Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ranking system going crazy?

NorthPole
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

Ranking system going crazy?

I was bombarded yesterday (Sunday) with notifications telling me my rank had changed - see the attached screenshot. I'm sure at the end of it I have actually been demoted and my post count reduced from around 260 previously, IIRC!

120 REPLIES 120
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Re: Ranking system going crazy?

We have seen this issue with a couple of other users where their kudos points were removed or a fix reassigned which caused their rank to bounce up and down over a few days.

Have you received any further notifications about your rank? Do you know if you had a fix or thanks revoked at any point while this was happening? I can't divulge the formula but a fix equates to 10 thanks in the total points for a rank to be obtained (along with other constants that shouldn't diminish like time registered and total logins). I can't see any posts that have been removed either so I can rule that out.

I will raise another support case with Lithium to look into this. Sending the email now.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

NorthPole
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

jaread83, I only received the four notifications shown in the screengrab in short succession yesterday. I'm not aware of any fix/thanks revocations - I certainly had no notifications to that effect.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Okay no problem. Thanks for the info. Hopefully I will get some answers from Lithium about what was going on.

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@NorthPole wrote:

I'm sure at the end of it I have actually been demoted

Although probably not the main concern of this post, Aspiring Pro is the rank above Rising Star Wink

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

In the feed it doesn't bounce up and down exactly though. North was notified about the same rank twice in a row in the screenshot which strikes me as a bit odd.

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

I am convinced a few people have been black balled on the rankings.

Wink

We are born into history and history is born into us.
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

@jaread83 maybe demotions aren't notifiable?

@gleneagles I'm surprised that got past the naughty words filter Smiley
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I just had a look around the system settings and there isn't a way to turn off notifications for going up or down in ranks. That's a shame.

Browni
Aspiring Hero

@jaread83 here's another example of notifications on steroids Grin

notification.png

Mav
Fixes: 514

It seems every time a post is edited in a thread you are subscribed to you get a notification both for the subscription and if you have an '@' mention in that post

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Browni
Aspiring Hero

I thought that was fixed?
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@Browni wrote:
I thought that was fixed?

Ah!   But 'fixed' has alternative meanings in Lithium speak? GrinWink

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I have a seperate support ticket for the multiple @ mentions in the notification feed. It has gone up to the product developers to look into.

Browni
Aspiring Hero

@HarryB wrote:

Although probably not the main concern of this post, Aspiring Pro is the rank above Rising Star Wink

And 'All Star' is apparently the rank above 'Seasoned Pro' - sounds more like a 90's girlie band Funny

I'm currently bouncing between the two

rankbouncing.png