cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick Edit on Firefox 3

zubel
Community Veteran

Quick Edit on Firefox 3

If I use Quick Edit on a post, then save it, I'm left with the "Loading" floating window and the spinning circle near the top of the thread
Anyone else seeing that?
B.
12 REPLIES 12
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Quick Edit on Firefox 3

just done one on another thread, no problem, must be your dodgy connect Barry
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Confirmed - Firefox 3 Vista 64 bit
just to add - i don't normally use quick edit so i hadn't spotted it  before
Correction - confirmed again but it appears over the first post in the thread so you need to scroll up to see it
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

I have been getting that with FF2 , but just ignored it !  Roll_eyes
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Think that just a Firefox enhancement of the hourglass, it looks prettier, like shutter have been getting that for a long time
Not applicable

Always had it with IE7 - I just ignore it. Wink
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Always had it from an early FF2 release and still happens on FF3. Like others I just ignore it.
MikeWhitehead
Grafter

IIRC from when I was trying to find the problem that caused it, I narrowed it down to a specific piece of JavaScript; I'm pretty sure not very many people use it (or even know of its existence), but if more people mention it, and I find some spare time, I'll try track it down again. Smiley
EDIT I: Just tested it myself and quick edit works - is this an old issue that has been fixed, or am I just a lucky one?
EDIT II: I really should read the thread more closely Smiley I'll stick by what I originally said. What has been mentioned previously (it being a nicer version of the old loading bar) I assume is correct, so the same issue probably still exists (although the edits work fine now, which they didnt used to).
MikeWhitehead
Grafter

EDIT: Double Post..
Prod_Man
Grafter

I've never had a problem on either FF or IE really,
even when posting here from both Windows or Linux...
Other than FF being natively slower -  when ever I seem to use it and it renders pages incorrectly.
Just yet-another-reason to dump Graphical Web Browsing and go back to Text ( Lynx or similar ). Cheesy
@MikeWhitehead: JavaScript... infact ... Java in general is the root of all Evil in my opinion.
Word on the Grapevine has it that Universities might be considering ditching Java in their teaching...
Anyway!
Jim,
MikeWhitehead
Grafter

Off Topic: God I hope they do ditch it; all it does is dumb down the curriculum - they need some real languages being taught! I'm glad I didn't go down the software route for my degree otherwise I would have pulled my hair out during it.
geewizz
Grafter

I have been using Opera for the past 6 months and haven't opened Firefox for the last two months. I used to find that I had to open some sites with IE because they weren't compatible with Firefox. I haven't come across any such problems with Opera ... yet. It takes a while to get used to Opera and I still find that some of the mouse gestures catch me out but it does seem to be the best of the three I have experienced.
I tried to post this earlier tonight and came back to the forums to discover it was posted on another thread. maybe Opera isn't so good after all, although I strongly suspect it may be a glitch with the forums that caused that.
Prod_Man
Grafter

Yeah, Opera does take some getting used to.
I downloaded "9.02" or what ever it was a the time ...
and forgot that it has a BitTorrent Client in the thing! xD
I use it primarily on Linux because I find it so much nicer to use.
I've tried and tried with Firefox. Must be a dozen times now.
I tried to convince myself that the Plugins are actually worth it...
Off Topic @ MikeWhitehead: Totally agree... I'm looking to go into Computer Science or Electronics...
Haven't decided which route I want to go as of yet, I'm just going into 6th Form in a Grammar School,
As I had some of the best GCSE Results in my "Technology" School Tongue
Considering Sheffield Uni, looked pretty nice on the Openday!
Sped past PlusNet House on the Industrial Estate next to the Police Station Smiley
Jim,