Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PMs

Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

PMs

Is there a way to know if someone has read a PM?

9 REPLIES 9
Mav
Fixes: 514

Re: PMs

Underneath the date and time it was sent (when viewing the PM) you will get the date and time it was read.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Though since the text of the PM is also emailed out, it might have been read in the email only, which wouldn't set that timestamp, and there wouldn't be anyway to tell.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

@jaread83,

Is the disclosure of the read date / time very new?  I do not recall it being there after the last Lithium update which re-instated the emboldening of unread PMs ... which has again vanished! Cheesy

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

No idea @Townman. It was there one day, then it wasn't. It doesn't make the items in the sent folder bold anymore as far as I can tell. When I asked about it I was told it was removed in an update. I have already posted on the Lithium ideas board about having some kind of read status of sent messages - even if it is just a secondary time/date attached to a read status... but then we are encroaching on privacy concerns and maybe some people don't want the sender to know when the message was read... which might explain its removal.. but I don't know.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@jaread83,

It comes and it goes.  If privacy is (was) the concern then the "improvement" sure blows that out of the water...

Capture read PM.JPG

The 'when read' is now very clearly and helpful disclosed ... what has changed (within the last few days) is that UNread sent PMs are no longer emboldened again.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I didn't even know that existed @Townman otherwise I would have made it look a bit better. It must have been added recently - we had a software upgrade last week.

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@jaread83,

At the risk of yet again getting on to the same thorny subject I do get very concerned that Lithium do things to this environment that you are not aware of.  As best as I can recall, emboldening of unread sent PMs was still functional early THIS WEEK.

...and to throw petrol on to the fire ... just now on staging ...Capture read pm stage.JPG

... which might imply that some changes are not being taken via staging!

@LouisaMartin and @PlusnetLiam - tagged for visibility.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@jaread83,

Purely for information... looks as though there are more changes in this space ... I now have PMs which I believe to be unread (do not have a read date/time) some of which display emboldened and some which do not.

Picking you your comment of "If you'd known about the content change you would have formatted it better..." Kelly's avatar seems to mess with your artistry!

PM ListPM List

PM PostPM Post

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Looks like the width isn't being applied to the avatar properly. Will add this to my css bug list.