Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification feed failure

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: Notification feed failure

@JayG - had notification for yours, too.

But not yours, @Townman

John
JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

No notification for either @Townman or @jab1's last posts - might have to go for a lie down soon! Roll_eyes

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

It concerns me if some of you are not receiving any notifications at all... Gandalfs lack of notifications is particularly alarming as he is quite possibly the one person who would have a mountain of subscriptions to multiple threads he has participated in.

For those affected, can you please take a look at your subscriptions in your settings, It's the last tab. It should show you your subscribed topics and whether any new replies have occured.

You should be getting notifications of new replies to a subscribed topic, and your settings should also reflect that. While looking at the list of your subscriptions, compare it to your notification feed. If there has been a new reply in your subscrption feed that doesn't show up in your notifications feed, I will require a screenshot of this if that would be okay for you to provide?

Reason I ask is because this is another thing I don't have much control over so need to collect data to send off to Lithium so that they are clear when identifying a bug.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

I am also not getting any notifications through today. 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend

@jaread83 I am getting random notifications - you and @ITWorks replied to this topic since I last looked, and I only received notification of his post - nothing for yours.

Added picture.

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@jaread83,

Please see PM.  I have found an updated topic (this morning) which I have participated in, for which I did not get a notification, which the topic shows I can unsubscribe from … which I could not readily find in my subscriptions … but I do have a lot of them and they are not easy to search!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend

No notification for @Townman's latest post, either.

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Ditto for @jab1 post above

EDIT: Thinking about this, I should have received 2 notifications (a) new post and (b) tagging - this one regardless of my subscription status to this topic.

Something is somewhat broken.

@jaread83

When did Lithium last tinker with the service?

What is their sign off process?

What notification do you guys get about system change details … and testing proficiency?

@PlusnetLiam - is this on your radar yet - is this a Lithium update / testing issue - akin to the bad old days? Knuppel

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

No notifications since 11:20 today and I’ve seen lots of updated topics.

jab1
Legend

Sounds about right, @Townman - my last one was @ITWorks at 11.12 today.

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@jaread83,

Sorry I do not have time to dig / review at the moment. I just received a notification for something escalated a little while ago. I do not want to feed you red herrings... but is there any possibility of this being related to second and subsequent notifications on a topic?

Will try to play with that theory later.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

As far as I am aware, the notification feed now takes notifications from the same subscription and type and bundles them into 1 notification.

So how it used to be:
For each reply in a single subscribed topic, you would receive a notification for each reply

Recently it was changed to:
For each reply in a single subscribed topic, you would receive only 1 notification and the notification message would update as '<latest user> and X others replied to topic <topic title and link>' for each subsequent reply.

But for some reason now (and this isn't happening to me as far as I can tell) you guys are not seeing any notifications at all?

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@jab1 wrote:

@jaread83 I am getting random notifications - you and @ITWorks replied to this topic since I last looked, and I only received notification of his post - nothing for yours.

Added picture.

I looked at your image @jab1 and I don't see anything wrong here. ITWorks is the last person to reply when you saw the notification so he becomes the named person.. previous commenters are just counted and presented as a number. See my comment above.

JayG
Pro

Last (and only) notification for this thread was at 1112, so it appears that database has neither updated itself nor notified me since:

JayG
Pro

Just received a notification for the following topic as per the spec @jaread83 has just described (i.e. as normal)

https://community.plus.net/t5/General-Chat/Weather-related-perhaps-whether-three-things-are-or-not/m...

There must be something buried within this current topic (and others which are malfunctioning) which is different from the above.