cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moderation discussions – split from ‘Eh up, we're on telly!’

magnetism2772
Grafter

Moderation discussions – split from ‘Eh up, we're on telly!’

[Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim)  Garbage post removed. The relevant Forum Rule
"Rubbish" posting
Some people think it is amusing to post in "rubbish" language... i.e. using odd characters instead of letters or even letters in no particular order. This is not permitted.

let me read a definition of a rubbish language if there is  one
is this a rubbish language? العمه ميريام
[color=green][Moderator's note by Thomas (Be3G): modified subject of thread/post to make it clear that it's been split from another thread.]
56 REPLIES 56
magnetism2772
Grafter

Re: Eh up, we're on telly!

for starters you need to fix things that will prevent paying customers posts from being deleted  here by wacko's
and also prevent them from leaving their own  messages in their place

xpcomputers
Grafter

Old Jim,
I could read Giro's post perfectly. It was simply the text of JoJo's post written upside down and was perfectly readable by most people, and thought it to be a fine post to leave on the forum.
Mike
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Not by me or the person who reported it and if, as you say, it was just a repeat of JoJo's post upside down what was the point of doing it as it contributed absolutely nothing to the topic.
magnetism2772
Grafter

boo plusnet and its moderators
just more
personal attacks
These are usually caused by discussions turning into serious arguments as mentioned above. Please think before posting anything that would be defined as this sort of attack. For example "Username is an idiot" Personal attacks, including those in personal forum messages or

magnetism2772
Grafter

unless i receive a public apology from plusnet  then  I  am informing  the telecom ombudsman
about the situation here
i wont be posting here again while oldjim is around 
xpcomputers
Grafter

Giro,
I personally think your post was OK, but I am not a moderator.
I think the moderators do a very difficult and unrewarded job, and on the whole I think they carry out that job with mostly good judgement. I am happy to challenge the deleting of your post, as the mods are only human and do make mistakes. However please don't go off on a crusade!!!  If you start ranting and moaning, and foaming at the mouth, you will diminish your case, and no one will be able to help you.
Mike
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

unless i receive a public apology from plusnet  then  I  am informing  the telecom ombudsman

It's worth bearing in mind that the moderators are not Plusnet staff, whilst I understand that you're annoyed at one of your posts being removed, posting entirely in upside down text wasn't adding much to the conversation and would be more suited to the chit chat forum.
Sorry if you feel like the mods have done something incorrect, however I back their decision as the job they do is very hard and they do it voluntarily.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
magnetism2772
Grafter

thanks mike
I'm just going to refer all to the above quote
and what i said after
Sorry if you feel like the mods have done something incorrect, however I back their decision as the job they do is very hard and they do it voluntarily.

Its all  just ambiguous
I'm not posting here until i receive a proper apology from plusnet
and its become necessary to inform the ombudsmen
xpcomputers
Grafter

inform them of what? Did I miss something?
Chris
Legend

I'm not posting here until i receive a proper apology from plusnet

Giro,
I'm not sure what you'd like us to apologise for? If I've missed something in this thread or elsewhere please let me know.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
magnetism2772
Grafter

Giro,
I'm not sure what you'd like us to apologise for? If I've missed something in this thread or elsewhere please let me know.

'by gum'
If you wish  to play silly daft games ok then go ahead
but while your continuing to do so , since posting here, I've been called such things as a lunatic , that I'm on drugs, my posts being rubbish and that I should not  indeed be listened too or  read ,  now my postings are being removed , If i do not receive a letter of apology  in writing
from plusnet I will bring in the ombudsman
I  do not intend to post again here ,
Chris
Legend

I've been called such things as a lunatic , that I'm on drugs, my posts being rubbish and that I should not  indeed be listened too or  read ,

I haven't seen these posts so couldn't comment, however if they are on this forum then you should report the posts to the moderators so they can deal with them and speak to the people who posted it.

now my postings are being removed

Your post was removed as it contravened the forum rules, anyone else's post would have been removed in the same manner.
Sorry that you feel I'm playing daft games, I assure you I'm not and as I mentioned above if you can give me a link to where you've been called those things I'll pass the information on to the moderators to deal with.
magnetism2772
Grafter

please dont waste my time when your moderators were  about all the time  
i will wait for a written  apology  i hope its good
i'll post it up here for all to see
Your post was removed as it contravened the forum rules, anyone else's post would have been removed in the same manner.
complete and utter rubbish
i do not intend to involve others
I await an apology in writing  from plusnet and
I look forward to hearing from you in the near future
until then
bye
zubel
Community Veteran

Well, I don't see anything that either Plusnet  need to apologise for, but perhaps that's me just being obtuse?
The post was removed as it contravened the forum rules, and was adding nothing to the discussion.  If you're waiting for an apology from Plusnet then it will be a long wait - the decision to remove your post was made by the moderators, and in my opinion was the correct decision.  Plusnet were not involved in that decision making process at all.
However, if you're wanting to get Otelo involved, I'm sure that they will be more than accommodating.  If you'd like to draw their attention to the link:rules, and the contact details of the moderators then we'll be more than happy to service any requests for information that they might have.
B.