-------------------------------------------------------------------------
the Law of Window Cleaning  - its on the other side
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Santiago
Grafter

Re: Re: Eh up, we're on telly!

Quote from: purleigh
[quote=rogadodge]Giro, if you're reading, you should tweet ! !   Cheesy

Giro's Plusnet Forum post content does match the Twitter content profile quite well   Shocked

[quote=Wikipedia article - "Twitter"]Tweet contents
San Antonio-based market research firm Pear Analytics analyzed 2,000 tweets (originating from the US and in English) over a 2-week period in August 2009 from 11:00a to 5:00p (CST) and separated them into six categories:
    * Pointless babble — 41%
    * Conversational — 38%
    * Pass-along value — 9%
    * Self-promotion — 6%
    * Spam — 4%
    * News — 4%

That analysis pretty much sums up Americans. However they missed,
Current Affairs----0%
Geography----0%
Healthy eating---0%
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Eh up, we're on telly!

To Giro,
Let me be the first to say It is good to see you back  Smiley
especially now you seem to be over your little humour bypass of a few days ago.  Cry
BTW I know how you feel, as I got a severe moderator reprimand recently for what started as a simple unintended misunderstanding which I then made worse by immediately trying to correct, but in the process apparently unintentionally broke a 'very serious' Forum rule.  After receiving a strongly worded email warning about my "completely unacceptable" behaviour, I really didn't want to participate in these Forums ever again.  But after about a week, I realized that the moderator was following the rules, and I could see the situation from their point of view, and now I am back, a little older and hopefully a little wiser - and glad that I didn't throw my toys out of the pram  Roll_eyes
magnetism2772
Grafter

To Giro,
Let me be the first to say It is good to see you back  

thanks purliegh  Smiley
I've not been away really only just studying a little digi photography online
just basic stuff  
I cant remember what else I've been doing
Be3G
Grafter

Quote from: purleigh
But after about a week, I realized that the moderator was following the rules, and I could see the situation from their point of view, and now I am back, a little older and hopefully a little wiser - and glad that I didn't throw my toys out of the pram  Roll_eyes

I'm glad you returned! Unfortunately, what basically happened to you is you fell foul of a rule – an important one, alas – that you weren't aware of, having either never read or simply forgotten the forum rules. (I'm not making a judgement on you there by the way.) Owing to the rule's severity I had to respond sternly, to hammer home the fact that it mustn't be transgressed, though at the same time I was aware of how helpful you have been on the forums so I didn't want to put you off returning!
I suppose this is perhaps a general point I should make to the wider community actually: if you ever want to know what you'll be told off for, simply look at the forum rules. I know they're hardly bedtime reading, but the fact is that we try very hard to moderate specifically by those rules – so it's extremely unlikely that you'll ever be told off for doing something about which there's no rule. Granted, some of the rules are open to interpretation, but that's a fact of life in those circumstances I think… and whenever there is an element of uncertainty, the moderators will always confer before making any rash decisions. We truly do try to be as fair as possible. Smiley
Not applicable

I haven't the patience to read this thread in its entirety but it seems (by the title) that it has gone so far off topic that it cannot now be reigned back in. 
Am surprised mods haven't done anything about this, but never mind.
Given how long it has gone on for, I might be going off topic myself when I ask if the original thread was about the Plusnet television advertisements?
If this is the case then I apologise.  I saw the ad for the first time last night on Channel 15 Star Trek weekend.  What a surprise to see PN advertising after all these years.
It's a short, to the point ad - nothing spectacular or memorable IMO but I do wish that they had got the dog right - it looks nothing like a proper Yorkshire Terrier.
Yorkies have erect ears for a start.  Would like to know who chose that model.
Anyway, hope that they are effective and worth the expense.  Would be interested to know the outcome in terms of increased business.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Poppy
This is the off topic thread  Grin
If you want the original topic it is here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,89578.0.html
Not applicable

Thanks for that but why not change or amend the title so that it is clear for us all?  Huh
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any suggestions for a title ?
"Giro in a spin"
"Giro goes off axis"
"Giro flips (upside-down) and back again"
"Giro chequed, but no transfer (elsewhere) - to his credit"
Be3G
Grafter

Quote from: poppy
Thanks for that but why not change or amend the title so that it is clear for us all?   Huh

Good idea; consider it done.
rogadodge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Moderation discussions – split from ‘Eh up, we're on telly!’

suggest a title of    Gyros'scope.