cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hit 'n miss

MartyPop
Rising Star

Hit 'n miss

Topic reply notifications seem to be a bit hit 'n miss at the moment, sometimes I get them, sometimes I don't. Anyone else noticed this?

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hit 'n miss

Yes, I've mentioned it before, I get them from some users but not others but as to the cause of this I know as much as you.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Sorry I hadn't replied sooner on this. Are these the popups that appear on the bottom right of the screen or the notification feed? If it's the latter, when multiple users all comment on a topic the notification gets condensed into a single notification rather than list every instance of a user replying to a subscribed topic.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @jaread83, I can’t speak for the @MartyPop but for me its when there is a mention in a post. Normally you’d get an email about this, but in some instances this simply does not happen. You may recall I mentioned this before, for me whenever @Minivanman mentions me I never get a notification!

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

The mention notification is being looked into by Lithium already. I have received weekly updates since reporting it that they are still looking into it (by their tier 2 engineers).

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, still! When was this reported as IMSMC I mentioned this many months ago. So either their system and or a resolution is so complicated that it takes this long, or maybe it's :

SELECT Engineer_ID AS Clueless FROM Engineers WHERE ((Tier = 2) AND (Clue = 0)) ;
 2 Rows Returned
MartyPop
Rising Star

Funny Funny Funny

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

MartyPop
Rising Star

@jaread83 wrote:
Sorry I hadn't replied sooner on this. Are these the popups that appear on the bottom right of the screen or the notification feed? If it's the latter, when multiple users all comment on a topic the notification gets condensed into a single notification rather than list every instance of a user replying to a subscribed topic.

It's the email notifications that sometimes fail to arrive, whether it be for a topic reply or if a user mentions me in a post.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for clarifying that. This issue is currently being looked at by Lithium and I will provide an update once they have fixed it.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@jaread83 wrote:

Thanks for clarifying that. This issue is currently being looked at by Lithium and I will provide an update once they have fixed it.

I do love your continued optimism @jaread83   Grin 

As a reference marker is the 'Fix' likely to arrive before or after the much promised Finance system update?Undecided

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

i see what you did there @MauriceC Wink and yes, I try to be optimistic!

I am confident that the tier 2 engineers will find out what is going on with email notifications, specifically with the mention system, is sometimes hit and miss, and roll out a fix soon. Afterall, it would be in their best interests to fix something like this considering the amount of clients that use the Lithium platform.