cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum feature request please.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Forum feature request please.

When viewing unread posts using a URL such as this, there are of course Previous and Next buttons at the bottom of the content, but would it be possible to have page numbers as well?

I’m asking as I look at this site using my iPad and I can’t see the current page as the URL doesn’t display it, and it would be really useful to know where I am. It wouldn’t be the first time I’ve missed posts when I’ve marked them as read from a page other the the first.

4 REPLIES 4
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Re: Forum feature request please.

This was requested before we launched in April but unfortunately that is how the pager works on the unread pages. I asked for page numbers instead but the product currently does not support it for that area.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry @jaread83, it may be how a Lithium pager works! As by definition a pager should know how many pages it has to page. Also the page numbers themselves can be seen in the URL which implies they are available so what is preventing their use?

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

This was something I had requested way back in May as well as the ability to increase the amount of items per page. Unfortunately the unread post module uses its own pager as part of the component that is seperate from the general paging module (generally you can just add the pager component and it works but not in this page). I was asked to raise a product idea on the lithium forums about this so I did.

I share your feelings though... adding a pager shouldn't be too trivial (I have done it hundreds of times using temp tables in SQL) but it would require time set aside to redevelop the unread module on their end and I do not have access to this code.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Mav
Fixes: 515

As a sort of workaround why not put a large number at the end of the URL which will take you to the last page and from there you can enter any number within the page range.

Not an ideal solution but does work.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still