cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Upload - Drag 'n' Drop only works once.

Anonymous
Not applicable

File Upload - Drag 'n' Drop only works once.

I've just uploaded a couple of images to another forum here, but while doing it I could only load one image via D'n'D as it didn't work after the first image. I wanted to load them one at a time so I could title them and put them in the correct order. I know I can use the Browse option as I ended up doing but D'n'D is so much easier.

I don't suppose that this is the intended mode of operation, so am I doing something wrong or is there an issue with this component?

12 REPLIES 12
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: File Upload - Drag 'n' Drop only works once.

you need to wait until the bar under the first image goes

2016-08-14_152103.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

I assume by that @Oldjim you mean the uploader bar, that when finished allows you to enter the image title? If that's the case then I always do. But the D'n'D text that originally appears in the middle of page doesn't re-appear and dragging to the area to the right of the uploaded image does nothing; for me at least.

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Strange...

When I view this thread I get this prompt

lithium.PNG

Oldjim
Resting Legend

so did I - will need to check

OK this is odd

The original image came from a post on the testing site and I did a copy and paste but instead of posting the image it posted the link

Now sorted

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Browni - I also got that prompt, but its gone now, and I now see the image that @Oldjim posted in his first response, it was just an image name the last time.

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Prompt gone and I can see the image Thumbs_Up

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

You guys got that prompt because @Oldjim added a photo from the staging site and tried to show it directly from there. Jim has since reuploaded the file to this site instead so the password prompt should no longer be showing.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Oldjim
Resting Legend

as I said in post 5 Grin

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks @Oldjim. I thought I would acknowledge this as I received a PM about it.

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I have identified a bug and issued a fix on the staging site.

Basically what I had done is remove the 'image' icon that is displayed on the drag-n-drop box but didn't realise this would have an affect on the drag and drop function if you were to upload single files using this method. I have now reinstated the image icon as that is what was keeping the container open when the file reached the bounds of the container.

This fix will be rolled out with the next update (which should be a lot sooner than the last update interval).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @jaread83

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem. This will be mentioned in my release notes for the next update Cheesy