Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback tab

RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

Re: Feedback tab

@Alex wrote:

Aside from the fact my multiple requests have actually only been two so far ...

I'll raise you at least one @Alex ...

1.  ... in addition to this thread here are two more examples that you started;

2.  Remove the feedback tab

3.  Feedback Bug

And all of those were started after you participated in another earlier thread on the topic from another forum member;  Roll_eyes

Feedback Tab.

Several solutions to avoid seeing the tab have been suggested, but as is your prerogative, you've chosen not to follow them.

Alex
Community Veteran

Oh sorry that's three then and not two.

Why should I have to install blocking software on my side to mute a server side bug? This software could also cause problems with other sites, and will it work on the iPhone as I have the same bug on there too. It takes up more of the screen there.

Nothing to do with being "prerogative", but being a developer myself if a customer found a bug in my software complained my best response was essentially "I can't be bothered to fix it, here are a few hacks you can try on your local machine to mute it instead", then you see where that would get you?

RobPN
Seasoned Hero

@Alex wrote:

Oh sorry that's three then and not two.

At least!

Why should I have to install blocking software on my side ...

Kudos to you @Alex for not using virus checkers or ad blockers ... well at least that's what you seem to be implying IMO.

Alex
Community Veteran

Please disable the 'Feedback tab'?

Can this be done on my account please? It is now starting to annoy me a lot and doing my head in.

I know it can, but this is Lithium and logic. They don't exactly go hand in hand, do they?

The spell checker was useful before that got abolished, now replaced by a 'Feedback' tab you can't get rid of.

I've noticed other companies who use the same software with the same bug. PlusNet's QA and Testing Team must have had very long lunches down the pub when they approved this?

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Please disable the 'Feedback tab'?

I got rid of it with my ad blocker.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
RobPN
Seasoned Hero

Re: Please disable the 'Feedback tab'?

@Alex wrote:

... It is now starting to annoy me a lot and doing my head in.

Shocked Shocked

@Alex 

Remember this little discussion just a few weeks ago?  Roll_eyes

Perhaps one of the mods could combine all the threads you've started on the subject.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

Topics merged.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Mook
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 9

I sure I've said this before but I don't see this tab even with my Ad Blocker disabled. However, what I have done is to accept only the minimal required cookies, functional I think they're called.

As this tab is not part of the base functionality of the site then it shouldn't appear, and as one would expect it doesn't, for me at least.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mook wrote:

I sure I've said this before but I don't see this tab even with my Ad Blocker disabled. However, what I have done is to accept only the minimal required cookies, functional I think they're called.

As this tab is not part of the base functionality of the site then it shouldn't appear, and as one would expect it doesn't, for me at least.

Works for me as well  thanks

HD

RobPN
Seasoned Hero

@dvorak wrote:

Moderators Note

Topics merged.

You missed this one @dvorak  Feedback Bug (listed at number 3 in this postWink

RobPN
Seasoned Hero

Alex
Community Veteran

Sorry hope I haven't upset anyone and thanks to the mods for merging the topic. I had a look afterwards and realised I posted about this earlier.

It was just doing it's job well and annoying me. Shouldn't it be a simple fix though for a developer with a little bit of competence?

Having an option to disable it, or it goes away once you've used it.

Someone needs to introduce Lithium to QA and End User Testing.

RobPN
Seasoned Hero

@Alex 

From your reluctance to simply block this annoyance I assume that you don't mind receiving hundreds / thousands / millions of adverts as you browse the Internet?  Your choice! Thumbs_Up

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@Alex wrote:

It was just doing it's job well and annoying me. Shouldn't it be a simple fix though for a developer with a little bit of competence?

Having an option to disable it, or it goes away once you've used it.

Sadly it's just one many items across the piece that match your criterion and it's affects are easily avoidable.  Unlikely to get get any priority for a 'fix'.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Seems less stressful to me to just ignore the feed back tab … or just do it when it appears with whatever irreverent response and it will disappear for six months. Better than raised blood pressure over something of significantly lower priority than some of the other issues we read of around here.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.