cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Existing user - password reset

rubble4

Existing user - password reset

I tried to log on to the new forum yesterday and (as expected) my original password was rejected. I got a message saying that I would receive an email to enable me to reset the password - no email arrived.

I then tried again later in the day, same response again no email arrived.

About 10 minutes ago I got an email titled 'Forgotten something' ? it contained a email link to reset the password but when I clicked on the link and tried to change my password  I got a message saying 'We are unable to reset your password because the token has expired' -what does that mean? I have had to re-register using a new user name and email in order to post this message.

8 REPLIES 8
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Existing user - password reset

Just try clicking the Forgotten password link on the login page, hopefully you'll get a new email a bit quicker this time.There have been some bugs with emails but I don't know if they are all resolved.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Did you get this sorted?

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

You just have to keep trying.

The way the forum (doesn't) works is reset emails get no replies, late replies, or a normal fast reply.

The normal fast reply seems the rarer for many (13 tries before I got mine) hence the keep trying.

rubble3
Grafter

Thanks folks,

Just tried again and managed to change password. All is good

rubble3
Grafter

As I am now back with my original account name could someone delete the 'rubble4' account for me please?

Thanks

KevinG
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I finally got on here again today after days of trying and numerous password reset email requests, the vast majority of which never got through - the few that did took several hours and were of no use by the time they arrived. In the end, my email provider had to make a change to its configuration because it was adding a few seconds' delay to its responses to the Lithium mail server, which it apparently didn't like.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

That's an interesting one Kevin. It would be good to learn more about that, why the few seconds delay in the first place and what it actually achieves, and why Lithium servers didn't like it.

KevinG
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I believe the delay is some kind of anti-spam measure, anyway it's been fixed now - I just had to find the right support person who understood how it all worked. See http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/plusnet/f/4475313-plusnet-switches-over-to-shiny-new-community-foru... for further reading.