Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current mobile version of forums unusable

RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

Current mobile version of forums unusable

When did the changes come in?

Clicking on my login icon used to pull out to show links to things, now it barely makes it past 5% of the screen. Also browse function to move to another section is impossible to control, it won't scroll up or down (only the page underneath) and tapping one section highlights one completely in the wrong area of tap.

I'll try again later, clear cache and all that.
That's RPM to you!!
17 REPLIES 17
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Re: Current mobile version of forums unusable

What platform and browser are you using?
Just checked the above on iPhone iOS 10.3.3 with Safari (not @jaread83 's favourite) and all looks ok.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Just logged in for the first time on my android 6 phone and seems ok
Once I got rid of the typewriter
Mav
Fixes: 514

I was viewing/moderating using my Samsung A5 earlier this morning with no issues.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

I haven't made any changes to the CSS for the menus so not sure what's happening. What device/browser/OS are you running?

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

RPMozley
Pro

Mobile Safari on iOS 7.1.x
iPod Touch 5th gen.

Still the same after cache clearance. Something has changed as the icons for forums, blog & browse have changed slightly from a week ago.

Next thing to try is a different browser on this device. To be continued....
That's RPM to you!!
RPMozley
Pro

No difference, unfortunately, in other browsers on this device.

If nothing has changed here maybe Plusnet menu widget has and is interacting with other elements in the forum software.

Edit: Attached screeny of what happens if tapped on profile icon.
That's RPM to you!!
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

That iOS and therefore that version of Safari is now quite mature.  Of recent times, I have noticed that some web pages do not function "correctly" on my old Vista box.  I rather suspect that functionality has crept into the "not back wards compatible zone".

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

RPMozley
Pro

That is true but was working fine about a week ago but @jaread83 said nothing has changed.

Dolphin browser is up to date but that still shows the odd behaviour (with the browse function, not logged in there to test profile pop up).
That's RPM to you!!
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

This platform only supports the latest versions of browsers. I have just tested this on my iPhone 7 running iOS 11.0.3 and the forum menu displays fine. Unfortunately, I don't think there is anything that can be done except suggest updating your OS/Browser to the latest version.

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

RPMozley
Pro

The latest as in iOS 11? Well that's impossible to do for this device as iOS 9 is as far as it will go.

What I don't get is why it was working fine only a week ago and now problems with these elements, and you say there were no changes to these of recent. All very bizarre.
That's RPM to you!!
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Did the device quietly do an upgrade?  The iDevices are always calling home looking for new code.

RPMozley
Pro

Highly unlikely as I've jailbroken the device and blocked all auto updates.

Just testing now on android Dolphin browser and it seems to have problems too with those elements I outlined above. Specifically I can't tap on any of the links that pop up in the menus, it just goes through to the page behind and clicks that link instead. 

@jaread83 are there any resources being called from other domains or is it all local? Just a hunch I may be blocking something either by hosts file or openDNS.

That's RPM to you!!
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

In that case may be the easiest approach is to remove all of the blocks to see if it makes a difference ... if it does reapply them one by one until it breaks.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I have tried this on multiple devices that are all up to date with the latest OS and browser and not finding any issues. There are no external resources referenced that will affect the menu as far as I know.