cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User name and password

cbcadm
Hooked

User name and password

Tried to get back on here with my old username and password, but system wouldn't have it.

Assumed I'd got the wrong password, so clicked that link. System was unable to change my password. Sad

In the end I just created a new user, but like the main system; it seems daft to have multiple names for the same person. Think I must be on here under three names at least now. Smiley

7 REPLIES 7
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Re: User name and password

Hi @cbcadm,

Sorry to hear you're having issues getting your old forum account back. When we migrated the forums there were around 200 users (out of about 25,000) that were duplicates imported from the old forum - these duplicates were not the same user though, they were different and its a mixture of the old forums using an email to login and the username being automatically assigned from the system (I think).

If you can send me a Private Message with the account name and your email address that is tied to that account (so I can verify), I can look into recovering it by updating the username to something else so that you can access it again.

Sorry if this has caused any inconvenience.

Cheers,

Jack

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

cbcadm
Hooked

Thanks, but I think I have used the forum since you upgraded. I assumed my account was suspended when my broadband contract expired as It wouldn't let me change my password, as explained to your college.

I've PM'd you the details, if you eant to look into it.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I have replied. According to the last login of your account it is saying it hasn't logged in since we migrated over to this version (5/4/16). I will get this sorted.

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

cbcadm
Hooked

Thanks.

cbcadmin
Grafter

Working!

Thanks Jaread. Wink

Keef- Sheerness Kent UK - Vodafone FTTP via THG3000 & Three via ZTE MF286D

Previously - NowTV, John Lewis, Shell Energy, Plusnet, Sky, EE, New Call Telecom/Fuelbroadband, Virgin/NTL/Bell Cable, Crosswinds, IC24, FreeOnlineNet, X-Stream, Totalise, Freeserve, Force9, TescoNet, AOL, Freenetname, Pipex, E7
cbcadmin
Grafter

Odd: how do I delete a post?

Edit: Found the answer; you can't!

Love the disgruntled user deleting his posts and causing havock. Smiley

Keef- Sheerness Kent UK - Vodafone FTTP via THG3000 & Three via ZTE MF286D

Previously - NowTV, John Lewis, Shell Energy, Plusnet, Sky, EE, New Call Telecom/Fuelbroadband, Virgin/NTL/Bell Cable, Crosswinds, IC24, FreeOnlineNet, X-Stream, Totalise, Freeserve, Force9, TescoNet, AOL, Freenetname, Pipex, E7
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

You're welcome Smiley