cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authentication error on community - are you affected?

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Authentication error on community - are you affected?

Hi everyone,

I am seeing reports about authentication errors when doing certain actions within the community. It seems to be happening quite randomly for some users and I would like to know if this has happened to you.

When replying to this thread, I will need a couple of things in your message:

• A screenshot of the error page (including the URL in your browser)
  • The browser and OS you are running
  • The path you took to get the error (for example simply clicking a link.. but which link was it?)

We will be raising a support ticket with Lithium directly and linking to this thread to help get to the bottom of the issue.

Many thanks

@LouisaMartin, when you raise the support ticket please link to this thread as I am collecting anything I can on this issue.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

153 REPLIES 153
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Re: Authentication error on community - are you affected?

LouisaMartin
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

I've raised this as a ticket into Lithium and have included the threads you posted.

Once we have more, I'll add them on.

Ta

Louisa
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No need to include the threads I posted, just direct them to this thread as it contains those links anyway.

Thanks Louisa Smiley

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Just got an error after selecting Email from forum page 

Email Oops.JPG

EDIT:  My finger trouble with file entries below.  Cry

Edit 2:  Worked OKon a retry.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

I've just had the following Connection Failed error

NFautherror.png

I'm using Firefox 46.0 on Windows Vista 32-bit

The error occurred after going into My subscriptions, selecting some to be deleted, then selecting Delete Selected in the drop-down options list.

Clicking Retry on that screen continued normally, asking me to confirm then deleting those requested.

David
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I had the "Secure Connection Failed" sometime in the last day or two when using my mobile whilst out and about. At the time I put it down to a possible glitch in mobile signal etc. But now it's been mentioned, IIRC I have seen it before but it's fairly rare and I don't recall the circumstances.

spraxyt
Resting Legend

Shortly after posting the Secure Connection Failed report above I tried going through a subscription deletion again. I got that SCF error again but this time after I'd clicked the Confirm button. So the URL was the confirm screen one.

On this occasion Retry didn't help, but browser back arrow got me back to confirm and clicking the Confirm button worked this time. Oddly the subscription deleted was the intended one though the "success" message displayed showed the name of the topic which had filled the deleted one's slot in the table.

David
Anotherone
Champion

I wonder whether these Authentication errors and SCF errors are related to this Google Analytics code which, if I've understood correctly was amended or whatever and has been re-applied @jaread83 Can you confirm please?

spraxyt
Resting Legend

The following Unable to complete action error popped up whilst I was typing reply text to the topic shown. I hadn't asked for any action, so possibly it was an autosave that failed.

NFunableerror.png

Firefox 46.0 on Windows Vista 32-bit.

I continued typing and the error message vanished when I clicked the Preview tab. The reply posted normally.

David
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

I've had quite a few "Secure Connection Failed", usually when trying to make a post.
This is one of the URL's:
https://community.plus.net/t5/forums/replypage.editorform.form.form.form

Firefox: 46
Windows 10.

SteveA
Pro
Fixes: 3

I was getting it when trying to post to a thread on the TV forum

https://community.plus.net/t5/TV/IP-chanels-breaking-up/td-p/1331684

I'm running Firefox 46.0 for Mint

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

None of the problems detailed above until I updated my Waterfox to v46.0.1 last night.

Now I've had a couple of authentication errors requiring 3 or 4 attempts to get through.

Windows 10 Home

Edit: Screen grabs attached.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Anotherone
Champion

I wonder if any of these where Firefox 46 is being used are related to the FF46 problems

Well I'm not using FF46 and I had problems the other day -
On the 30th at 0800 (pretty well precisely) and the same again at 1100. I was compiling a reply to a post and had recently moved (within 10 minutes) between RT and Preview and back. This happened moving to Preview again, so not as though there wasn't any activity.

Post_a_reply_-_Plusnet_Community_-_2016-04-30_08.01.34.png

At 1600 I had this one

Authentication_Failed._-_Plusnet_Community_-_2016-05-01_16.01.13.png

SteveA
Pro
Fixes: 3

There seem to be two distinct issues here - one where the error message is embedded within the forum (which suggests part of the forum code is throwing an error) and the other where the browser throws the error.