Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Addition of an FAQ section.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Addition of an FAQ section.

@Townman wrote:
To be clear I still think this is a great idea. I can see logistical considerations requiring the engagement of the mods to make things sticky, have them locked and the means to up date them. I’ll go sponsor this in the SU arena.

I have a couple of topics that have been made sticky. As comments and clarification questions come in I have realised how the original post could be improved. However I no longer have the capability to edit the original post. This option, be it needed to be submitted through a mod with a reason would be good. This would enable the first post to give the definitive answer without having to trawl through subsequent posts. If the original is locked then the feedback becomes lost or contained in a new topic.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think I said it didn't as it evidently is a Q and A. But going to eBay it is not the definitive answer, as you know there are many factors that could be causing this. But with a properly written FAQ some, if not all, of the possibilities could be address. As a very, very bad example:

Hub Zero FAQ.

Install Info

Blah, blah

IP Config

Blah, blah

Wireless Settings

How to split blah, blah

Poor Signal?

Blah, blah.

Ensure there is nothing within range that could be causing interference.

Jump up and down, waving a stick.

If after trying the above and you still have poor signal then another option is to replace your device it's not a scary or even as expensive as it sounds. See the Alternative Routers FAQ for more details.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

I can now see that we're coming at this from totally different directions. All your setting up suggestions already exist on Plusnet help pages and are there to enable the customer to get the best out of a device. Presumably you just want these easier to find.

In this example I was coming to it from the viewpoint of a customer who has experience of one of these devices who simply wanted to get the message across that the Plusnet offering is not very good so not to bother tinkering with it as a far better alternative is available cheaply. 

I'm sure that your approach would be far more acceptable to Plusnet but mine possibly more useful to customers who were fed up with their WiFi performance.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'