cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Launch of new Plusnet Fibre Products - 80/20 and 250GB usage allowance

beardybuck
Grafter

Re: Launch of new Plusnet Fibre Products - 80/20 and 250GB usage allowance

This is fantastic news. The ONLY reason I was considering moving away from Plusnet was the 120GB limit. The new 250GB limit is far more realistic, and means I shall be staying with Plusnet.  Smiley
A quick question, does the system know if you were a 80/20  trialist, and will therefore not automatically start a new 18month contract? I didn't see any indication of this when I changed my product this morning?
As for BT Infinity 2, a friend is on it, and when he had several hiccups with his fibre install, let me assure you the customer service he received was awful compared to the support with Plusnet.
luutjamie

I'm currently on the trial and just signed up for the 250gb 80/20 Extra Fibre product - price I got is £19.99/month
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Is it available WITHOUT the phone having to be transfered, not mentioned in the faq.
I am thinking seriously about moving to a basic phone provider when I get fibre as I rarely use it and the offset can go to the fibre cost.
BRABUS
Grafter

Jim I am always happy to be proven wrong Smiley
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Quote from: Hairy
Is it available WITHOUT the phone having to be transfered, not mentioned in the faq.
http://www.plus.net/fibre-broadband/broadband/
however it could be a non starter as it catches a £50 installation fee unless you are moving from an existing fibre product
HairyMcbiker
All Star

Hmm £50 install fee - free with BT looks like I will be leaving PN this time  Undecided
I already have my phone with PN but as I said I am looking at moving to a cheaper provider.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

But with BT you have to take their phone package and it isn't cheaper
vinnym70

If I try a product change, I don't seem to be able to alter what I'm offered.
Already on Extra Fibre and on the 80/20 trial. Does that imply an automatic upgrade to the new package?
I'm guessing I have to do something otherwise I'll be put back to 40
That extra usage allowance is going to be so handy with the kids on school hols! The sooner I can move the better  Smiley
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Read the FAQ I linked in the original post which explains what you need to do
http://community.plus.net/8020-fibre-faq/#title3
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Quote from: houlton23
I've just made the account change, and it's definitely quoting me the wrong price, could you check/change the market please Smiley Exchange.

Just checked and your Exchange is listed correctly so I suspect there's a wider problem here. I've asked that our developers take a look to see what's going on (ref: 72402 ).
Quote from: beardybuck
A quick question, does the system know if you were a 80/20  trialist, and will therefore not automatically start a new 18month contract? I didn't see any indication of this when I changed my product this morning?

No it doesn't. We do though and will be periodically running a report between now and mid-September with the aim of adjusting trialists' contracts accordingly.

Yes. If you're upgrading to fibre there will be a £50 installation fee. If you're already on fibre then there is no installation fee.
Quote from: vinnym70
Already on Extra Fibre and on the 80/20 trial. Does that imply an automatic upgrade to the new package?

Hmmm, taking a look into this now. I know it's been possible for others though Huh

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

houlton23
Grafter

Quote from: Bob
Just checked and your Exchange is listed correctly so I suspect there's a wider problem here. I've asked that our developers take a look to see what's going on (ref: 72402 ).

Thanks Bob, however when we originally moved to fibre, Jojo was able to reduce the price by using the 'market change tool' to set it to the correct price? Is this no longer the case?
Also how long is this likely to take to fix given that our billing date is in 4 days?
Alex Smiley
HairyMcbiker
All Star

So if I transfer adsl-fiber then I have to pay £50 even though I already have PN line rental - this is unclear it says waived if you move but what if you already have it i.e. not a new customer.
KevinG
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Mine is showing as £19.99 - bizarre to be charged -£1.50 for an upgrade! Anyway, I'll wait for the email which Dave mentioned in the other thread before doing anything.
Edit: actually no, I won't, as it all seems to be covered in the FAQ anyway, so here goes!
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

So if I transfer adsl-fiber then I have to pay £50 even though I already have PN line rental - this is unclear it says waived if you move but what if you already have it i.e. not a new customer.

Not according to this here http://www.plus.net/fibre-broadband/broadband/ ( in the legal bit... )
Fibre installation: An engineer visit is required to install Plusnet Fibre. This costs £50 for new customers and £25 for existing customers. However, if you add one of our phone packages to your order or already have our phone service, and you stay with Plusnet for 12 months, you'll get installation included.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Quote from: vinnym70

Hmmm, taking a look into this now. I know it's been possible for others though Huh

This is the problem. From here:
[quote author="BT Wholesale Availability Checker"]Your cabinet is planned to have WBC FTTC by 30th September 2012. Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed of 72.1Mbps and upstream line speed of 20Mbps.
Notice anything slightly contradictory in that statement? It's confusing our account change logic. We can change your account manually for you if needs be?
Quote from: houlton23

Thanks Bob, however when we originally moved to fibre, Jojo was able to reduce the price by using the 'market change tool' to set it to the correct price? Is this no longer the case?

Not quite as simple as that. The market classification is determined when you signup or change account type and it's still wrong in our database. There's another problem to address that as there's a few exchanges it looks to be affecting (ref: 70359). We're going to have to wait for your account to switch over first. If you give me a nudge once this has been done then I'll adjust the pricing and reconfigure the market classification of your account (similar to what Jojo did).

If you already have your line rental with us then you're not charged the installation fee either.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵