Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get your names in quick - YouView Trials

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Get your names in quick - YouView Trials

http://community.plus.net/blog/2013/12/19/plusnet-is-looking-for-existing-customers-to-trial-its-tv-...
As part of Plusnet’s exciting plans to move into TV, Plusnet’s YouView trials are to be extended from staff, to customers who have Unlimited Fibre, in the new year.
129 REPLIES 129
jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Get your names in quick - YouView Trials

What channels are going to be available during this trial.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Why is this been limited to fibre customers only ? When this is fully launched will this be offered to ADSL customers ( like BT do )?
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Not quite accurate
http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=35167
If you have a BT Infinity and TV package you can also add BT Sport 1, BT Sport 2 and ESPN in SD and HD. You can also add Sky Sports 1 and Sky Sports 2.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Quote from: jamesanstee
What channels are going to be available during this trial.

[quote="http://community.plus.net/blog/2013/12/19/plusnet-is-looking-for-existing-customers-to-trial-its-tv-service/"]
Plusnet will provide a Humax YouView+ box offering Freeview channels and easy access to on-demand content, such as the BBC iPlayer, ITV Player, 4OD and Demand5. Plusnet is also offering customer trialists access to extra channels including top sporting action on BT Sport 1, BT Sport 2 and ESPN, as well as entertainment channels including SyFy, Universal, E! and Fox – all delivered through the fibre broadband connection
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend

Quote from: I
Why is this been limited to fibre customers only ? When this is fully launched will this be offered to ADSL customers ( like BT do )?
Regards
Mike

I'll ask.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Finguz
Grafter

We've been thinking about getting a Youview box, so this will be useful trial for us as well  Wink
waynem41
Grafter

Just sent my details.
Hope I get on the trial ( or it's released to general public soon ) as my Sky sub ends on 11th Jan and I've been looking into alternatives , Youview from Plusnet will suit me fine.
DJGM1974
Dabbler

So the trial includes 3 months usage of a Plusnet branded YouView box, with access to certain pay TV channels during
the trial, right? When the trial period ends, how much is the service likely to cost per month, and can we select which
pay TV channels we want to subscribe to, like only subscribing for the sports or entertainment channels?
Chris
Legend

Sorry but not much information on that at the moment:
[quote="http://community.plus.net/blog/2013/12/19/plusnet-is-looking-for-existing-customers-to-trial-its-tv-service/"]The full launch date for Plusnet TV, along with pricing at this launch, is yet to be confirmed.
and
[quote="http://community.plus.net/tvtrialterms/"]At the end of the Trial:
41. We will notify you by email not later than two weeks before the end of the Trial.
42. At the end of the Trial, to continue to use the TV service you will need to become a paying customer of the TV service. You may optionally choose to pay for the set-top box, the TV content or both. We will notify you with details on how to do this at the end of the Trial period.
43. Alternatively, you can choose to return the provided set-top box and connectivity equipment to us.
Chris
Legend

Part of this stage of the trial is to test extra (multicast) channels which are only available on Fibre. When we launch fully we'll be looking to do an ADSL version of the service without these channels.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Thanks for the update Chirs, appreciated.
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

TLE
Grafter

I've signed up for the trial. I've been waiting for this for the past month hopeing it would be offered as a trial. All being well I can get rid of Sky. Here's looking forward to being accepted to the trial.  Grin
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why Fibre only ?
My copper BB download speed is constantly 19mb/s, faster than some fibre customers !!

I often download, On Demand, iPlayer and NOW TV all at the same time, never any buffering.
Plus software updates too !!

Quote from: Chris

Part of this stage of the trial is to test extra (multicast) channels which are only available on Fibre. When we launch fully we'll be looking to do an ADSL version of the service without these channels.

I've signed up anyway, hoping for the change in Policy.

Sam Knows measurements for the last month below

picbits
Rising Star

I'm up for it Smiley
Questionnaire completed and I've agreed to everything  Grin