Community updates March 2017
For this update there have been some minor adjustments applied to the community to help with accessibility. Here is what has been updated:
- Unread topic page 'new' counter hitbox has been increased - The numbers were quite fiddly to click on the unread topics page. The padding around the number has been increased so you have a bigger area to click the button (thank you @Strat for this suggestion)
- Links will show visual feedback when interacted with - a minor change to how links will look across the entire community. Clicking a link will either change the colour to blue or the underline is displayed (indicating that you have actually clicked it). This is part of an accessibility guideline that helps with interacting with links.
- Footer changes - Footer layout changed to two lines as part of a site wide change to all Plus.net websites.
- Email notifications - Lithium have fixed a caching issue with email notifications not being sent.
- Editted post email notifications - Lithium have also investigated the email notifications being sent when a post is editted on a subsribed thread. There shouldn't be any more notifications sent out unless you have specified this in your options (though do please send me details if you still receive an email for a message that has been editted).
- Minor platform updates - There has also been minor software updates to the Lithium platform but this only affects the back end stuff and has no impact on how the community is interacted with on the front end.
So that's all for this update but there is a lot of things coming up soon which we shall share details with you all soon. I promise that the next set of changes will be much more significant that these minor changes listed above.