Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes to Tickets

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Changes to Tickets

This change, I hope, will see response times improve.
oliverb
Grafter

FWIW where are they? I think I've had a fairly good look at "Help and Support" but there's no link to view old tickets that I can find
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

PN have hidden it  Embarrassed
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

There are threads on the Feedback board about this, but see the links in my sig (the red bits).
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Quote from: Chris
If you have any issues with the functionality of the ticket system, let me know and I'll do my best to help!
Enjoy!

Hi Chris,
It is very difficult to enjoy the fruit of your labours when access to and use of the ticketing system has been so roundly discouraged / made difficult by the powers that be.
I guess that functionality is not quite the same as accessibility, but if something is not accessible, then it's not capable of being functional.  You offered to help... can you therefore please seek to restore full accessibility to the whole of the previous functionality for residential customers.
If that is not possible, then can you please have management state why not... one of the following might fit the bill!
Contrary to historical reasons for defending the unsuitability of email for the communication of support issues (no audit trails) we no longer consider clear problem history / CRM records to be essential to the business.
As a provider, we no longer see reoccurring types / classes of issues, therefore the systematic recording of fault characteristics afforded by the ticket system for review by management and informing priorities is not now so essential to driving improvements.
We now expect each and every chat contact session to fully resolve all problems so there is no longer a need for contact event to contact event tracking as facilitated by the ticket system.
Customers generally don't get problems after 20:00 or on Sunday's during which time there is more than adequate phone support so that all calls can be answered in under 3 minutes.
Only the determined raising tickets will markedly reduce demand, there by allowing us to dramatically improve closure times and ultimately justify complete inhibition of use due to no apparent demand / use of the facility.

Sorry to be appearing cynical, but having spent a working life in IT customer support roles, I cannot find a single positive engineering benefit in stearing people away from a formal incident / issue / CRM tracking system.  EVERY client contact ought to generate a CRM event, so that if for no other reason than in the event of a dispute there is a clear evidence trail of what has happened.
Cheers,
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

What Kevin has so eloquently said +1.
Maurice

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

+ 2
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: Townman
having spent a working life in IT customer support roles, I cannot find a single positive engineering benefit in stearing people away from a formal incident / issue / CRM tracking system.  EVERY client contact ought to generate a CRM event, so that if for no other reason than in the event of a dispute there is a clear evidence trail of what has happened.
Totally agree.
Anotherone
Champion

Ditto. However, one point -
Quote from: Townman
... can you therefore please seek to restore full accessibility to the whole of the previous functionality for residential customers.
If that is not possible, then can you please have management state why not... one of the following might fit the bill! .............

Management won't be able to pick any of them, because they haven't got a clue. The tier of management responsible for this are undoubtedly not engineers, nor have they any true experience of the real world, otherwise they would appreciate that the complexities of a lot of faults just cannot be dealt with by a "chat" which btw I did notice appeared to be operational last Sunday, the only trouble was it was busy for a lot of the time!
Plusnet may have forgotten this - that is if the right people even read it Roll_eyes
But especially this, or this, or this
Well Chris -
Quote from: Chris
Thanks for that, I'm ensuring all of this feedback is collated and passed on.

You may well be doing that, but it's obvious that no-one is taking any notice, despite the number of different people raising this issue. This isn't the only new thread on the matter, goodness knows how may more there are on these boards, never mind other forums, I haven't tried looking.
But one thing is for sure, we going to keep reminding Plusnet until they do something about it Shocked
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

What has happen to plusnet chat under support has disappear today?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

so it has - whoops  Roll_eyes
Anotherone
Champion

It's been missing for quite a few days. I had noticed when I load the help page, there was a very brief flash of maroon where it should be. My guess is that they are trying to hide the one that says they are busy because later, if I stay on the page (for some time - not the usual small period) the pop-up Chat box appears in the middle of the screen (but not always - so I assume they are still busy then).
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

well i asked jess where had the chat box gone ?? 
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jess, obviously is not the smartest bot in the world. You should ask here what her I.Q. is  Smiley
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Mook,
Now you are pointing us (me) in the direction of mischief! ....
However, asking your question gives the same answer, which is nonsense.
Kevin