Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Sport available on YouView from August 5th

maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: BT Sport available on YouView from August 5th

Not so lonely.
I have to admit to being somewhat disappointed with the direction in which Plusnet has gone in recent years. I joined Plusnet when they were offering innovative products (Broadband Your Way), rather than chasing the 'all you can eat' market. A Community forum that doubled as an effective help and support function was also one of its major attractions.
I'm not against growth or progress, but to do so Plusnet needs to do what it does better than the competition. Chasing customers who are only prepared to switch for introductory deals does not instill loyalty from customers for whom once such deals are over end up subsidising these discounts. And when levels of support drop coincident with more and more instances of customers needed problems addressed (even if many of these are due to BTOR or otherwise outside of Plusnet control) then even those previously loyal customers start to look elsewhere. In my view, it is competition between the providers which has proved to be a double edged sword - as faster speeds and bigger data allowances have been made available, the trends suggest that this is at the expense of quality of service. It is simply not enough to be the best of a bad lot.
I used to recommend Plusnet, and the referral scheme used to be an incentive. But nowadays I am more reluctant because I am more concerned that it would be a bad reflection personally if things went wrong for any reason, which appears to be happening with increasing frequency.
But to get back on topic, I strongly object to price increases for line rental which are used to subsidise introductory offers, unlimited useage allowances, and add-ons such as Plusnet TV. So please Plusnet, be honest and admit upfront how much internet only subscribers are subsidising the TV service
My other car isn't a Ferrari
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

mod:note
please keep this on topic, which is the announcement of the sports channels.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Adie,
I think how this is funded, is on topic, or at least it is feedback on the announcement

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi all,
That's not the kind of information we could share with you Townman.
Do shout up all if you have any other questions specific to the service or relevant to the topic.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Oliver

I'd have to second the question on whether the European Rugby Cup will be on BTSport 1 and therefore BT Lite when BT themselves have it as being on the new BT Europe channel...?
Thanks.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

We're just getting clarification on what's exactly included in the BT Sport Lite package and the BT Sport Bundle.
Leave it with us and we'll update you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
FayteJWJ

Quote from: Matthew
We're just getting clarification on what's exactly included in the BT Sport Lite package and the BT Sport Bundle.
Leave it with us and we'll update you.

Any chance you can ask the question on the BT Sport app as well Matthew?
Thanks.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
That's not the kind of information we could share with you Townman.

Adam,
I rather suspect that the 'non-answer' fully answers the question - like it or not, want it or not, we are all paying for it - it's an element of the line rental price hike.
Here's hoping we get some of the things others want too - improved support, IPv6, SSL...  One can get Sports TV from multiple sources, the other things can only come from one's ISP.  Please get back to offering functionally rich broadband products and not me too niche TV content services.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

@townman I feel your pain. You are a real stakeholder in Plusnet, you have helped countless people on this forum and Plusnet have previously valued such customer' s self help.  systems and communication were previously in place  but are not now fit for for purpose. Plusnet are showing disdain for caring stakeholders  Angry
Plusnet have now become a mini Sky so I have actually sacked Sky and given Plusnet all my business and am saving pots of money  Cool
So that's the conundrum they can grow their business while dropping the customer care for which they were famous  Sad
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
minion1

Quote from: MattyC
If you are an existing customer and you would like to add any of the channel packs, you will be able to do so by logging into the Member Centre and clicking on "My Channel Packs" after August 4th.

Will I also be able to add the HD option in 'my channel packs' in the Member Centre?
Once the channels have been added in My Channel Packs, how long will it take for activation?  The reason I ask is that there is Vitesse v Southampton on BT Sport 2 on Thursday 6th August - would love to get it set up in time for that.  Wink
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

I should be able to get that sorted for you in time. Let me if it's not showing by the 5th.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Bodley10

Hi will plusnet be offering a youview uhd box for bt sport uhd?  Thanks
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

@Bodley10
There's no plans for that to happen at the moment I'm afraid.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Bodley10

Shame you guys should really look into it would definitely pay for an upgrade