Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autumn Price increase FAQ's

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Re: Autumn Price increase FAQ's

The statement Linn has put out, is similar to the one regarding the price rise last October
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,117014.0.html
With regards to maintaining and improving service, i am very unsure how PN get to that conclusion?, as we all know waiting times and ticket response times are worse.
PN what has improved from the last prise rise? With regards to wait times and responses, absolutely  nothing  
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

chrcoluk
Grafter

good point, does this mean tickets will be answered in minutes instead of days?
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I agree that we still have a way to go to decrease wait times both for calls and tickets, however, there are a lot of other improvements we are making within the business which will improve our service in the long run.
The creation of the automated provisioning system started last year and this is being continuously worked on and this is now going through testing. We've also opened a second site in Leeds and are continuing to recruit and train new staff there.
I can appreciate that there hasn't been an instant "fix" to the issues we're experiencing, however, a lot of the work being done will improve things across the board once complete.
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Quote from: Linn
able to leave without penalty due to this change in their terms and conditions providing they inform us within 30 days of receiving the email and give us 14 days notice.

So those of us who have an existing LRS that doesn't expire with in the 44 days, can we give you an "I am leaving just not yet" and still get a mac? Also I am still waiting for an answer about the BB part of the equation, if we move both will we be subject to penalties?
As to phoning the COT, well if you can hang on the phone for 45min ...
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I'll give PlusNet some credit - it's rare these days to see price increases actually referred to as what they are (i.e. 'price increases').
Usually it's 'price changes' or 'new prices'.
Or do the old classic where you put up all the prices, but reduce one by 0.0001p, just so you can justify they're changes after all as one has been reduced. Roll_eyes
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

there are a lot of other improvements we are making within the business which will improve our service in the long run.

Frankly Linn this promise is becoming emptier and emptier.  Simple question - WHEN?
I've been a customer for 18 months and in that time I've seen reports of call times going through the roof, the time taken to answer support tickets going up so much that the system is unusable, mistakes in ordering more and more often, errors on the website not being corrected (even simple text) and all we get is "we know we're not doing very well but we will improve - honest!"
As for your 'prepared statement' this does little to explain the price increase other than confirming that it will indeed subsidise your broadband product.  Why not be honest and leave the line rental alone and increase the price of BB?
"Good, honest broadband from Yorkshire"?  Not any more in my book.  
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Quote from: pwatson
... your 'prepared statement' ... does little to explain the price increase other than confirming that it will indeed subsidise your broadband product.  Why not be honest and leave the line rental alone and increase the price of BB?

Presumably because every other major ISP is making the same 'dishonest' subsidy.
TORPC
Grafter

All sheeples will follow thy leader (BT)
Anotherone
Champion

Quote from: pwatson
there are a lot of other improvements we are making within the business which will improve our service in the long run.

Frankly Linn this promise is becoming emptier and emptier.  ...........
.............. errors on the website not being corrected (even simple text) and .................

Don't get me started on that one. I have an interesting a boring story I could tell sometime, when I have sufficient time.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: Hairy
So those of us who have an existing LRS that doesn't expire with in the 44 days, can we give you an "I am leaving just not yet" and still get a mac?

As long as you contact us within 30 days of receiving the email to request a MAC then once this is provided to you it will need to be used within 30 days. As long as you start the migration process within the 30 days period you should not be subject to any early termination fees. Please note that we do require 14 days notice of the migration.
Quote from: Hairy
Also I am still waiting for an answer about the BB part of the equation, if we move both will we be subject to penalties?

No, if you wished to cancel/migrate due to the price increase and you migrated both you would not be subject to any early termination charges for either service.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

of course that then means that you forfeit the remaining part of the LRS
Legally I am not sure how that will stand up
HairyMcbiker
All Star

Mine expires mid Sept, so could probably get it in the 60day limit. But for those who's are later ...
Been looking around and looks like TT are in the running again  Lips_are_sealed
daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

Good luck with that.
My year with TalkTalk was the worst electronic experience I have ever had.
daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

How far in advance of renewal date can LRS charge be paid?
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

I think it's 3 mths