Did you mean: 

Autumn Price increase FAQ's

TORPC
Grafter

Re: Autumn Price increase FAQ's

Quote from: Anotherone
Quote from: Linn
Hi all,
We're taking all of your comments and questions on board ...........................

If I had ££££'s for every time I'd heard that one I'd probably be a multimillionaire by now  Huh
You may be taking it on board, but I expect it will promptly be chucked overboard on the other side and nothing will change  Roll_eyes

The ballast is not feeling to good, thus the need to chuck overboard & pollute all that surrounds to prevent a capsize
cybuerke
Dabbler

I paid the Advanced Line Rental charge of £113.88 in 2012 and this year they're looking for £45 on top of that.  If my maths aren't too shaky, that's an increase of 39½% in just under 3 years.  Not a patch on Wonga's interest rates, obviously, but my pensions' percentage increases are a tad more sluggish - barely reaching double figures in the same time.
Looks like that'll be me on my bicycle come year's end.
Devonian
Grafter

Linn, thanks for using different words to tyoe out your first post for a second time!
Plusnet were brilliant, I used to recommend them to everybody, now, well I am disgusted by your tactics.
Contracts are worth nothing any more... unless the customer is trying to leave early of course, then Plusnet sticks to it word for word.
Ado16
Grafter

Quote from: The
No you've paid so that is all you need pay unless you have need of anytime calls etc?
The Post Office deal looks attractive and they offer free Caller ID (opt-in). This whole phone line related rises is getting a little out of hand. It is looking more cost effective to move phone there even if losing some discount off Broadband. Really hoped PN would stop these rises. At the very least offer Caller ID for free to try and compete. P.O. charging £15.75 (LRS price, free Caller ID and anytime calls) compared to PN's £18.98 for the same.
It used to be a rise every year or so but now a couple of rises a year is becoming the norm. Maybe a call to BBC Watchdog for when it returns to look at this and how toothless Ofcom really are may start to get to the bottom of this cycle.

OFCOM are just rubbish.  From TV to Radio to Telecoms, they generally just roll over and let the big corporations rub their belly.
Almost as useless as the Competition Commission - or whatever that's calling itself these days!
Ado16
Grafter

Quote from: The
No you've paid so that is all you need pay unless you have need of anytime calls etc?
The Post Office deal looks attractive and they offer free Caller ID (opt-in). This whole phone line related rises is getting a little out of hand. It is looking more cost effective to move phone there even if losing some discount off Broadband. Really hoped PN would stop these rises. At the very least offer Caller ID for free to try and compete. P.O. charging £15.75 (LRS price, free Caller ID and anytime calls) compared to PN's £18.98 for the same.
It used to be a rise every year or so but now a couple of rises a year is becoming the norm. Maybe a call to BBC Watchdog for when it returns to look at this and how toothless Ofcom really are may start to get to the bottom of this cycle.

I came from the Post Office service a couple of years ago.  All much of a muchness really. Lure you in with a good rate and then leave you sitting on it with no negotiable discounts.  I wonder now if they have a new Boss in charge because after we had four years with them when nothing changed and no loyalty discount and not much improvement in service, they do now seem to be pulling themselves together.
I hope they've improved their Member Centre Website because it was appalling.  "Basic" would be the only compliment you could give it.  If Websites had been designed in the 1950's then the Post Office User Centre would have been it.  No information available other than what your account was doing.  None of the Service updates or Forums or Technical info available here.  Like many other ISP's they also responded agonisingly slowly to a line problem - but that's the norm these days.  
Our problem occurred when our speeds began to slow down.  Normally around 4Mbs we were down to 2 if we were lucky. Having had guidance from a decent tec guy at Virgin some time back I was able to use all the buzz words - and that special BT test page they all refer to as the "Word of God" when it comes to diagnosing problems.  It still took 6 weeks to sort out though before they arranged for an Openreach investigation.  Turned out to be flooding in one of the nearby junction boxes.

Plusnet was a breath of fresh air.  Back then.
rogadodge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Quick question...which email address /account will this notification be sent to? I'm outside my contract duration by for months on both phone and broadband, but have not received any emails of any sort.
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

125,000 emails will be sent each week over the next four weeks with the last emails being sent on 8 August 2014.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Hi all,
We're taking all of your comments and questions on board and I've got a meeting later today with the relevant team which will give me a chance to shout up for you all. I'll post back later this afternoon.

and the outcome?
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

A big debate on what weasel words to use to make it look as though there is some justification for it, but without actually doing anything else  Sad
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi all,
Sorry for the delay. Had a follow up meeting regarding this earlier this morning.
The statement's been put together and is as follows:

We have made this decision to both maintain and improve our overall service to customers whilst we continue to grow. In the last few years, Plusnet has won several awards and been officially recommended by Which? a number of times - we want to continue these high standards. We continue to be competitive and we are in line with the rest of the market and our home phone pricing is better value than other providers like TalkTalk and Virgin.
We do appreciate that some customers may have recently taken out a new contract with us and should they wish to leave as a result of the increase in prices, they will be able to leave without penalty due to this change in their terms and conditions providing they inform us within 30 days of receiving the email and give us 14 days notice.
If you’re currently paying standard price for your broadband then you might be interested in an offer we have available:
https://www.plus.net/campaigns/products/OctAADual/AUT143HADSL/

We will update this thread with other offers as they become available.
PitchBlack
Grafter

Save £5 a month for 3 months,  Grin
Make it 12 months and make it £2.50 like the new customers get.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

What a bad offer , everyone who is affected by the phone price rise , should ring COT if they think they are not getting a good deal,  as in theory you are not in contract for 30 days ( leave penalty free ) from the day of the email.  Perfect time to re negotiate a better deal.
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

PitchBlack
Grafter

Reading a few posts of late, it seems they would rather give you your MAC code than give a reasonable discount.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I understand where you're all coming from - calling COT is definitely an option and they may have other deals they can apply. As I mentioned earlier - there are other deals to be released and we'll update this thread when they go live.