cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reverse DNS record

devonshireh1
Hooked

Reverse DNS record

Would it be possible to have a rDNS record setup on our VDSL line please. I've just spent 5 days trying to get a static IP assigned with phone support - I'm not sure if I stand a chance to get reverse DNS setup.

3 REPLIES 3
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Reverse DNS record

Hey @devonshireh1,

I'm really sorry for any difficulties you may have had getting this set up. I have had a look over the account this afternoon and I can see that the request now seems to have been carried out. If you run into any issues or have any further queries, please let me know and I'll be happy to assist Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
devonshireh1
Hooked

Hi @TheMightyAJ and thank you for replying. Yes - eventually I found a member of staff who could raise the ticket for me - and two days later I noticed that the rDNS is now set.

This time I asked as soon as the call was answered if I am talking to business tech support. The person at the other end of the line avoided to answer directly, and they said that yes, they can deal with business support. Then they proceeded to ask if "I am the account holder". This is a clear sign you are talking to residential support - real business support never used to ask for the account holder - as that is often some director or manager higher up in the company, who doesn't have the time to come and chat to support to confirm their identity. There are other ways to pass security on a business account normally. After I asked for the reverse dns record, there was a long pause, then they asked to put me on hold, then they announced they will transfer me to "another department". When I pressed as to which department that is, they admitted they were transferring me to business tech support. So first line support has been moved somewhere abroad, and then staffed by people with no real technical training, who just read off a screen and can't answer any questions. Just like most other telcos support. Sigh.

willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 97

Hey there @devnshireh1 . Glad it got sorted eventually. Whilst it used to be the case that we had separate biz and res agents but we all do the same now. The agent should have been able to do it without transferring though as we have a troubleshooter that we use, so I am sorry about that.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team