cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing business accounts - what will happen to linked referrals?

Username
Grafter

Closing business accounts - what will happen to linked referrals?

With the pending closure of all Plusnet business accounts, can anyone shed any light on what will happen to referral fees? At the moment our referrals earn us approx £25 per month (as a credit against our monthly subscription). Will Plusnet pay this directly to our bank account? Will BT credit us is in a similar way? Can the credit be moved to another account?

Having looked at the FAQ (https://www.plus.net/business/faqs/) there is no mention of referral fees. 

7 REPLIES 7
willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 97

Re: Closing business accounts - what will happen to linked referrals?

Hey there @Username good question. What I will do is pose the question to the bosses and get you the info and come back to you on this one if that's alright?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
Markuk
Dabbler

I’ve had a ticket open for last couple of weeks regarding referrals and if I can transfer them and my account to a residential service together
willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

So I have posed the question and it seems like what will happen is the referrals will last until you leave us at which point we will send you a cheque with the amount owed to yourself. In terms of whether BT honour it or not would be down to them but personally I don't think it would still be applicable.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
Username
Grafter

@willcutforth Thanks for the update. However, it rather sucks doesn't it?

• Help build Plusnet great by recommending new uses and earning referral fees
  • You have no option, we're now closing your account
  • and by the way we'll be keeping all ongoing referral fees

Doesn't seem very fair does it? 

Please have discussions with the powers above and see if we can move our referral fees to one of our linked (non-business) accounts.

willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I fully understand and can agree. We can switch referrals to a non-business account it's just switching them to BT wouldn't be possible. @Gandalf can shed some light on this one.

Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

I had actually fed this back to the relevant team earlier today to see if it’s something we can do to improve the process of moving from a business account. I can’t guarantee it’ll be possible as there are other considerations to take into account, but when I’ve got more information to share, I’ll let you know. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

... thank you for "running" with yet another SU "nudge" Huh

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.