Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plusnet value and home phone

cjags
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

plusnet value and home phone

Hi James / Mand.  Have got a referee who was on plusnet broadband but left to go to talk talk but discovered they were worse so has signed up to come back to plusnet value + home phone.  They have been told it would be 12 days to move the phone line back to BT from Talk Talk and broadband would be another 15 days?  Is this right?
12 REPLIES 12
mal0z
Grafter

Re: plusnet value and home phone

I suspect James and Mand won't be around here until tomorrow.
But I moved from Talk Talk in about 10 days total, possibly less - I forget now.
Apparently some people used to have problems moving from TalkTalk in the past, but it does seem a thing of the past.
cjags
Aspiring Pro

Is Mand or James around today?
dvorak
Fixes: 1,484

James is certainly around..
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
James
Grafter

Unfortunately so.
Because TalkTalk have a fully unbundled telephone and broadband service, that means that we can't place an order until a BT supplied telephone line is in place (like the Home Phone service we offer).  So we'd have to move the phone service back first, and then we would be able to place a broadband order.  The broadband should take 5-7 working days after the telephone service is up and running.
cjags
Aspiring Pro

At the moment, my referee has no internet access.  If I PM you their username, can you let me know the dates plusnet have for the line transfer?
James
Grafter

I can certanly do my best to find out.
cjags
Aspiring Pro

Oh dear, the move back to plusnet from talk talk for my referee is not going well.
Tthe phone line migration failed to take place and plusnet support were not helpful (we will phone you back... not).
So the returnee is still with talk talk for voice calls and still no internet (and is not impressed).
I had convinced them they shouldn't have left plusnet, now they think they were right and shouldn't have tried to come back (even though talk talk were worse).
Given the current packages and lack of support, I cannot really recommend plusnet.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi cjags,
can you PM me a username please? Unfortunately James isn't in today for me to ask about this, but I will look into it for you if you don't mind.
Thanks,
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Right, the phone line migration hasn't failed, it's been delayed until the 18th - in addition I can see that a simultaneous broadband provision order has been placed which should mean that both phone and Broadband go live on the 18th.
Unfortunately there's no details of why the delay has occurred, but I can assure you that everything is still moving on.
Hope that helps,
cjags
Aspiring Pro

That's tomorrow!
Hope it all goes OK.
Thanks for the information.
cjags
Aspiring Pro

Update:
Phone switch went OK on the 18th and on the 19th, broadband was working. Smiley Smiley
Customer spent weekend downloading emails etc. only to find that Plusnet support had been emailing questions about the move back to plusnet.
This despite Plusnet being told there was no internet connection so not sure why Plusnet thought there would be replies to emailed questions.
Perhaps that is why the original mvoe on the 10th failed to happen?
Anyway, referee is happy again.
James
Grafter

Good, glad to hear things are all up and running.
The normal practice is to try calling and then emailing (or rather replying to the ticket) to get further information.
I guess it will have depended on whether or not we had relevant contact details for your referral.