Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

internet is appauling now

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: internet is appauling now

I'm guessing (thanks Jim for the PM), there might have been some confusion here due to the fact that the link above in my reply #27 and previously #4 & #2 was only only for a later firmware, and I should have twigged that with your reply #3 Mick, hence apologies for any confusion. So,
Can you click on http://192.168.1.254 you'll first get the login screen and then it will give the page required. Then copy and paste that here similar to what you did for the stats before, BUT delete the MAC address at 1.3 and the IP address at 3.3 from the pasted bit.
Are you using wireless to connect your Xbox and Computer or Ethernet cable?
Lastly, just to check, has your 582n got a USB port on it at all?
MickHowes1
Grafter

since iv diasbled the firewall i seem to be not disconnecting..:/ so take interleaving OFF please. 
And can u give me significant instrusctions of what u want as my head is frazzled.,
Anotherone
Champion

Hello Mick,
Just click on this link  http://192.168.1.254 ; you'll get the modem/router log in screen, admin should be the user, enter your router serial number into the password and click ok. It the next screen that comes up we want a copy of, just do a copy and paste with your cursor, but delete the lines at 1.3 and 3.3 when you paste it into a post.
MickHowes1
Grafter

Home
Technicolor Gateway
Broadband Connection
Toolbox
Home Network
Help

Home
Technicolor Gateway
Technicolor Gateway
Information
Product Name: TG582n
Software Release: 8.4.4.J
Broadband Connection OK
Broadband Connection
Internet: Connected
Toolbox
Toolbox
Game & Application Sharing
Firewall: Disabled
Parental Control
Home Network
Home Network
WLAN Interface Wireless: Jills-iphone
Jills-iPhone
Jills-iPad
Lynne-iphone
Jills-iPad
Ethernet Interface Ethernet: MICKZYYY
Micks-PC
BlackAlpha

This is all i get?
Anotherone
Champion

Well done Mick, that's given pretty much most of the important information I was hoping to see. One other very important question now, has the modem/router got a USB socket on it or not?
MickHowes1
Grafter

no it doesnt.
Anotherone
Champion

Well done Mick, I'm sure we're a step closer to getting this sorted.
Anotherone
Champion

Thank goodness your 582n hasn't got the USB port that makes life much simpler, more later. I've been having a chat with Luke and proposed a solution.
LukeS
Grafter

Hi Mick,
Could you possibly supply us with the serial number of the router you are using (By PM to AdamC)? It should begin with CP..
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

please correct the spelling in the title its appalling  Smiley
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
MickHowes1
Grafter

Can i ask something real quick? why is my REQUEST for interleaving not being done. i have requested the interleaving to be removed. it should be off ! and now because its not i have to wait till monday probably. takes so long for somebody to put through 1 request and actually get it done. and i dont know what my serial number is i have 2 plusnet routers and they both disconnect and they both dont let me connect to games. so i think its invalid about the serial number guys,.
Anotherone
Champion

Hi Mick,
see Luke's reply #29, he didn't think that it was advisable right now because of the drops in connection. He thought it may make things worse.
BUT now matters could get complicated. You have never mentioned that you have two modem/routers. One was supplied by Plusnet, where did the other one come from?
We are talking about the TG582n - The one we are interested in, is the one that you have on-line at the moment (we assume) that you posted the information about yesterday in reply #33. That is the one that needs to be on-line, the one that says Software Release 8.4.4.J as in your reply #33 above. Also does it say Plusnet on the outside of it?
BUT you need to send that PM as soon as possible to "Adam C"  another Plusnet member of staff. It's the serial number of your TG582n and it begins with the letters CP....
It's the one you use as a password to log into the modem/router. It's marked on the label on the modem/router as well.
You need to leave that modem/router online and switched on and not change it.
What will then happen, and what's been proposed is that you will be automatically sent from Plusnet's end, a Firmware update direct to the modem/router. This should be the cure for the current problem. As soon as that is in hand, they should be able to do the order for turning off Interleaving.
When that is done we should be able to get your Gaming sorted as well.
Have you understood all that, if not ask the questions.
Bud
Grafter

Message deleted at the request of Anotherone
MickHowes1
Grafter

no its not makiong things diffucly mate as both were supplied by plusnet. as one was supposedly faulty causing me to disconnect, but they sent me another through and i still disconnected frequeently.
Anotherone
Champion

It doesn't matter which then as long as the one you have on is the one you posted the information last, that says 8.4.4.J
Just send that serial number to "Adam C".
Is that OK?