cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

internet is appauling now

MickHowes1
Grafter

Re: internet is appauling now

explain why i need the serial number first then, when it does it on the 2 plusnet routers and the netgear and trhe dlink ones i have, its somehting on the line or a setting on the line doing it. and yes the settings are the ones for the routert i am currently using.
i just think this is NOT going to get fixed, so can u just please put my request for interleaving to be disabled please, thanks.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Because they cannot do the firmware upgrade without the serial number of the modem/router that's being used at the moment.
They only have a record on your account of the one your were initially supplied (that's an assumption which they may well confirm).
Just stop wasting time and send "Adam C" the serial number of the one you are currently using.
There is a known issue with that current firmware and the particular equipment in the exchange that has come to light from your stats.
Just do it and we can the see what happens. Whilst you continue to be uncooperative the problem may go on for;longer.
MickHowes1
Grafter

Sticker on my router is worn and cant see serial number -_-.
Im Requesting as of 18:03 26-08-14 interleaving to be removed from my line, please take it off. as i am REQUESTING it.
Thanks guys.
Anotherone
Champion

You just aren't listening are you. The firmware upgrade is needed to try and make your line stable - to stop the disconnects. If you can log into it you must have the serial number of it, it's also on a plastic card that came with it.
Edit: This could have been resolved last Friday if you'd bothered to wait or come back very soon after your previous post to see if there was a response.
Everyone at Plusnet was geared up to do the firmware update for you and could have then done the order to turn off Interleaving, but those that don't want to be helped, can't be!
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Serial number can be found here as well - http://192.168.1.254/cgi/b/info/?be=0&l0=1&l1=0 - if you log on with some other user ID you have created and use, rather than using admin + Serial No.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MickHowes1
Grafter

please another one, remove yourself from the post. if i knew that was the serial number i wud have [Censored] told you it. blatantly i didnt. and blatantly iv been busy doing other things other than gettting [Censored] off with [Censored] internet service.
Serial Number removed to a hidden board for PN staff.
sort it if u may plusnet. Already made a complaint due to the fact that when i request interleaving to be turned off it should be done within 48 hours. 24 for response and 24 for the order to be put through.
[Moderator's note by Dick(Strat) Avoidance of swear filter removed as per forum rule.
dick:green Sensitive information removed to hidden board.
Anotherone
Champion

You can complain all you like, you come here for help and then refuse to co-operate and follow Plusnet's advice to stop your dropping connection.
I shall not waste my time trying to advise you any more you are just too stubborn. There are a lot of extremely knowledgeable people on this forum, it's a Community forum, where people normally help each other out. You already had several of the others previously try to help you but you stubbornly took no notice.
Plusnet will undoubtedly process your serial number and be in touch.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Mick,
Do you not realise that people have been trying really hard to help you here with a great deal of patience and forbearance, but you have not helped yourself nor won friends.  You have repeatedly been asked for information and not provided it.
You have previously been advised that there is (or was) congestion at your exchange - you did not listen you knew better!
You have not accepted that interleaving is turned on by DLM for GOOD REASONS - turning it off is not going to help until the reason for the DLM turning it on is addressed.
An issue has apparently been identified which requires a firmware update to your router - you have two and PN needed to identify a specific one to HELP YOU - why when people are trying you help you, do you follow a course of action which simply gets people's backs up and does ZERO to move you closer to the resolution of YOUR problem?
During the course of your many threads your behaviour has dissuaded some of the very best experts on these forums from continuing to assist you - have you ever thought why?  Do you think that not turning off interleaving has been just to spite you?  Turning off interleaving is not going to do anything to address the disconnections - it might actually make disconnections worse, albeit your pings might be a little faster.
If you want help and are prepared to follow the guidance, then ask and there are a lot of people here more than happy to help.  Just recognise that when asking for help, sometimes the answers will be different to what you expect, sometimes the right answer will be "no" for your own protection.  If you do not want or like the answer, please do not ask the question.
I do hope that after the firmware upgrade you will see a marked improvement in your service.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

LukeS
Grafter

Hi All,
I just wanted to confirm that the router has now been updated with the latest firmware. Let the investigation resume..
P.S.
Since the firmware upgrade it may be necessary for you to reset your DMZs. Additionally, we strongly recommend that you ensure the firewall is switched ON.
MickHowes1
Grafter

Right, to put this clearly.
I Maybe don't sound appreciative for the help, but i am.
I'm just VERY pissed off that iv been with PN now for a while and for the first 2-3 months ish i had 20 ping 7.2 download 0.37 upload. CONSINSTENLY.
And then for an odd reason it went to really low speeds etc and i complained. SINCE the complaint the internet has never been back to its first VERY GOOD standard which i know its capabale of.
And the whole thing about the congestion on the line, i had a OR engineer who had been to the the exchange the very WEEK that a few people tried to say it was congested he assured me that it was not.. now if u think about this logically.. No affence to the forum staff intended.. if u speak to an OR engineer who works on exchanges on a day to day basis, and then u get told otherwise by a person on the internet who is MONITORING a forum and doing the odd order here or there... who would u believe? a guy you KNOW and speak to a fair bit or a guy u dont know on the internet who tells you otherwise.
^^^^^^^^^^
that may come across badly but no no affence was intended to Staff of PN. im sure there capable of doing the job they have been trained to do. However in my opinion i would go by the OR engineers knowledge.
Also Thanks luke For the update on the firmware i will have a few days of monitoring it. And the whole thing about the disconnections and interleaving really frustrates me. The whole point of interleaving is to fix small errors etc on the line.. which its NOT doing and is still discoonnecting as much as it was when i had no interleaving, hence why im annoyed about the whole interleaving not being turned off. There is no reason for it not to be turned off as the connection disconnects either way interlaved or non interleaved.
At Least with a non interleaved profile i may actually be able to play online games without lag until i disconnect. however playing it now i jitter ever 5-10 seconds which if anybody plays games, is pretty annoying.
Anyways apologies for the sharpness and maybe pissing people off. Just very annoyed at not getting the internet service i know my line is capable of.
Anotherone
Champion

Quote from: MickHowes1
The whole point of interleaving is to fix small errors etc on the line.. which its NOT doing and is still disconnecting as much as it was when i had no interleaving, hence why im annoyed about the whole interleaving not being turned off. There is no reason for it not to be turned off as the connection disconnects either way interleaved or non interleaved. 

I'm sure Luke will note your request to have Interleaving off, and not on Auto.
Whilst I tend to agree with what you say, Plusnet were, I think, concerned that your connection might have dropped a lot more had it been turned off. But they also were having a problem making changes to 20CN settings because of BT Wholesale's alterations within the ECO/ECOplus systems they have to use for doing such changes on 20CN. And these setting changes were failing.
On the first part of my quote of your comment, that's not quite the full story. Interleaving can correct a lot of the errors, and if the errors have been causing line drops then that can often be a fix.  As it turns out, it seems errors aren't the root cause, and this firmware update will hopefully fix the issue.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Quote from: MickHowes1
if u speak to an OR engineer who works on exchanges on a day to day basis, and then u get told otherwise by a person on the internet who is MONITORING a forum and doing the odd order here or there... who would u believe? a guy you KNOW and speak to a fair bit or a guy u dont know on the internet who tells you otherwise.

I think you make the point well but the judgement call poorly.  You are referring to an OPENREACH engineer as opposed to BT WHOLESALE's capacity reporting which is what PlusNET refer to.  It is not uncommon for OR engineers to blame the ISP for connectivity issues, where in fact connectivity issues are pretty damed near exclusively related to modem to exchange equipment failures.

Anotherone
Champion

How is your connection doing now Mick?
DanHodby
Grafter

Hi Mick,
I've taken a quick look at this today and I've managed to place an order to remove interleaving. However, there's a possibility it might fail but in this instance I will escalate it with BT.
We expect to be in a position to escalate this either Monday or Tuesday.
Thanks,
Dan
MickHowes1
Grafter

not had any disconnection in a couple days Smiley
think the firmware upgrade may have sorted it.
However i did see an OR van at my exchange on friday so if could have had something to do with that.
Either way its fine.
And it was supposed to be getting escalated last time:/
Thanks anyway