cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited Fibre extra

digg3r
Dabbler

Unlimited Fibre extra

So this is how you treat long term customers........... Whilst in contract We received the average speed of 66mbps as advertised on line for the price of £26.99pm. Our contract came to an end and we (as expected) were transferred on to a rolling contract charged at £43.50pm fair enough. But hang on although we are still on UNLIMITED FIBRE EXTRA  which I might add is still advertised as average speeds of 66mbps we are now down graded to Estimated download speed: 47 - 52Mbps yet charged £16.51 extra. I have complained about this and I am assured there is no issues. Today i spoke on the telephone to a PN operative who tells me we are receiving the correct speeds for the price we are paying and responds to and closes the ticket with the following statement 

"To confirm the minimum estimate for your line is 42.5mbps, from the notes we can see even at 57mbps this is still way higher than the 42.5mbps minimum which is also why open reach are finding no faults and we are seeing no faults in testing.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Have a good day"

Unlimited Fibre Extra

Perfect for an online household all active on multiple devices

66Mb

average download speed

£24.00
 a month*

Above is the package we are on and the average speed We did receive and expected to still receive especially when paying extra but it seems once out of contract you are no longer entitled to this service. "That'll do"? erm no it waint do at all.
10 years custom to be fobbed off with a slower connection. Well played Plusnet. I will be finding a new service provider.

14 REPLIES 14
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Unlimited Fibre extra

@digg3r Why are you posting this on the ADSL board? - have requested it be moved.

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@digg3r 

66 Mbps is the average speed received for ALL those on the 80/20 service, not YOUR average speed. This is determined by the distance your property is from your local FTTC cabinet and other line conditions.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jab1
Legend

digg3r
Dabbler

The issue hasnt been covered nor has it been resolved. The issue wasnt an issue until my contract ended.

digg3r
Dabbler

It was my average speed for a long time then the contract ended rolled over and speeds dropped. I am about 150 yards from the cabinet and had faultless 65+mbps

jab1
Legend

@digg3r wrote:

The issue hasnt been covered nor has it been resolved. The issue wasnt an issue until my contract ended.

You have an ongoing topic on the correct board - Cross-posting on the wrong one won't get it sorted any quicker.

John
digg3r
Dabbler

Im past caring. I have had 10 years of custom with PN with speeds i paid for delivered to me without fail. as soon as i come out of contract, conveniently the speeds are no longer available and the expected average drops considerably with a minimum speed allowance almost as slow as the cheaper package yet im paying nearly double. as i said i will be taking my custom elsewhere. The post can be deleted if you so wish

jab1
Legend

I don't care whether you want to post half-truths or not, but your topic in the CORRECT board indicates that there is an issue with your connection - which may follow you to any other ISP. I suggest you engage with that.

John
digg3r
Dabbler

Half truths? no half truths here pal. and as for issue with connection, it has been confirmed that there is no issue at all with the connection and the ticket closed. Yes i posted on the wrong board and for that i apologise, i didnt see until you pointed it out but when i attempted to post on the relevant board it spammed the post which i then raised with mods. I can guarantee you that my "half truth" is not that at all as previously mentioned i have always received the proper advertised speeds with no issues or down time until i came out of contract. since then the average and minimum speed has been changed from previous contracted speeds.  

jab1
Legend

OK - maybe I was slightly unkind with my comment - apologies. But you are still disregarding your other topic, which clearly shows connection issues.

John
digg3r
Dabbler

I am yes because i have been told those issues have been resolved. if you look at the quoted comment in the post the ticket was closed

jab1
Legend

Have you read @adam945 's last comment on that topic? Which indicates that there are issues still.

John
digg3r
Dabbler

I have yes. But also spoken to someone directly and they say there are no issues to be seen. I have decided to get high-speed 5G broadband so won't be following up the issue any further but I appreciate you trying to help. The forum has been more helpful than speaking directly to PN. I think if those answering the phones had more of what the forum staff do then I would be in a better mood about it but I have spoken to 3 telephone reps who all say different things. The last basically saying the speed I get is what I pay for. I've never had the connection so slow yet I'm paying more was my argument and they basically said that is the speed of your connection case closed.
Mav
Fixes: 514

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still