cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband activation

gixxerdaz7
Hooked

Broadband activation

Hi there phone line was activated today was just wondering when I should have my broadband activated should it be same time as the phone line ?
19 REPLIES 19
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Re: Broadband activation

@gixxerdaz7 welcome to the forum - have you been notified of your activation day? Usually, phone and BB activation is on the same day, but it can take up to midnight for all the components to mesh together for the broadband section.

John
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Welcome to our Community Forum @gixxerdaz7

Go ahead and switch on your router, your broadband order is complete and the service is now active. Let us know if you're having any issues at all.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
gixxerdaz7
Hooked

Yeah got text saying broadband connection but got amber light flashing and the red internet light flashing too done all the checks but no joy just waiting for hearing back the outcome
jab1
Legend

@gixxerdaz7 If you still have that problem this morning:-

Log in to the hub by putting 192.168.1.254 in the address field of your web browser.

On the Home page under My Services you will see the current Broadband Username. If it’s setup@plusdsl.net then it has not been configured by PlusNet authorisation systems.

First try a factory reset of the hub by pushing a paperclip or similar into the reset hole and hold the switch closed for at least 20 seconds, the LED should turn green and then release

Leave the Hub One for around 10 minutes and check Home page for correct Broadband Username <your username>@plusdsl.net

If it still shows setup@plusdsl.net follow these steps.

Navigate from the Home page to >Advanced settings (you will be required to enter the Hub One admin password this found on bottom of the Hub or card with WiFi password).
Click on Continue to Advanced Settings then >Broadband >Internet

This page details your broadband Internet Connection Configuration.

Click on disconnect, if this does not work it may be necessary to remove the DSL cable.
Enter your correct username <your username>@plusdsl.net and password.
Plug in DSL cable (if removed) and click on Connect
Check your Hub One has logged on to the correct Broadband Username

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for your post @gixxerdaz7 and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm really sorry to see your broadband's not working after transferring to us.

I've tested your line today and the tests aren't showing any issues, so we may need to arrange an engineer visit to investigate further. Can you confirm first though you've tried plugging your router into the test socket as explained Here and that things are setup as laid out Here?

If that's the case, could you reply to the ticket I've logged on your account Here with when you'll be available for a visit? If you can post back once you've responded, I'll make sure we book the engineer as soon as we can.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jab1
Legend

@Gandalf So you think there is something else going off - even though your tests aren't finding anything? 😕

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

The router's not in sync to the equipment at the exchange, so if the physical setup is checked internally then the only logical next step would be to arrange an engineer. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
gixxerdaz7
Hooked

Gandalf thanks for getting back the landline is working fine just the broadband letting me down I’ve done all the checks been provided
gixxerdaz7
Hooked

jab1 that’s over my head that information
I’m not that good with computers or iPhones
I will try get daughter in law to try it over the weekend hopefully
jab1
Legend

@gixxerdaz7 There is a fault on your line (as noted by @Gandalf  in message #6). I suggest you reply to the ticket he as raised to get this sorted.

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @gixxerdaz7

If it's easier, we'll be happy to just arrange an engineer visit without you having to do these checks.

Feel free to add a reply to the support ticket I've raised on your account Here and we'll book the engineer. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
gixxerdaz7
Hooked

Gandalf thanks for getting back to me any afternoon would be fine with me my wife would be in
The sooner the better
jab1
Legend

@gixxerdaz7 You will have to reply on the ticket @Gandalf has quoted in his last post - they cannot accept instructions just on the forum.

John
gixxerdaz7
Hooked

Hi there haven’t got the foggiest what to do when I click on link