cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed has dropped off

sparkymarky1981
Hooked

Speed has dropped off

Since renewing my contract last month I've noticed my speed drop off quite abit, moved everything about and done the troubleshooting and speed is still terrible, even on Ethernet connection to fire stick is terrible, done a speed test on Ethernet and only reaching 2.8 m/b, it's like being back on dial up everything buffers.
17 REPLIES 17
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: Speed has dropped off

@sparkymarky1981 Welcome to the forums.

First thing to check: Is your phoneline clear? Dial 17070 (preferably from a corded phone), select option 2. Once your phone number is confirmed, there should be silence on the line except for the regular 'Quiet Line Test' message - any other noise, report a PHONE problem via: https://www.plus.net/help/report-a-problem/phone/

If the phone test passes, report a broadband problem via: https://www.plus.net/help/report-a-problem/broadband/

Let us know the result - if the tests come back as clear but you still have a problem, we need to investigate further.

John
sparkymarky1981
Hooked

Thanks for the reply John, unfortunately I don't have a corded phone in the house, I only use the outlet for broadband.
jab1
Legend

Do you have a handset for the phone line, or are you mobile only? If so, then there is another avenue we can explore - slightly longer, but still effective.

John
sparkymarky1981
Hooked

Mobile only household
jab1
Legend

OK. Give me five minutes, and I'll post the alternative route. A cheap handset is useful whilst you are on ADSL/FTTC though.

John
jab1
Legend

For Community members to be able to help, information from these two sites, as screenshots, posted as pictures within the topic, not as attachments:-

BT Broadband(obscuring your phone number) and BTW Performance Tester - Over a wired (Ethernet) connection if at all possible, please report the 'ADDITIONAL DIAGNOSTICS', and sight of the broadband connection status from your Hub (with the 'Username' obscured) would be a good starting point.

For the Hub One -

Navigate from the Home Screen to Troubleshooting > Helpdesk

For the Hub Two -

Navigate from the Home Screen to Advanced Settings > Technical Log > Information

It may also be a good idea to report the results of a Quiet Line Test - dial 17070 option 2 from a (preferably corded) phone. After the confirmation of your phone number, there should be total silence apart from the regular 'Quiet Line Test' announcement. Any other noise - report a PHONE fault first.

If you are unsure about any of the above, please just ask - I am happy to help.

John
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi @sparkymarky1981 

I've just been running some tests that have picked up on a line fault (high resistance cable fault) so we'd need to send out an Openreach engineer to get that sorted out for you. 

Let me know when you can be available in one of these slots and I'll get it booked in for you:

Monday to Friday

AM = 08:00 to 13:00

PM = 13:00 to 18:00

Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jab1
Legend

@sparkymarky1981 Based on @adamwalker 's post above, ignore  my suggestion above his - for the moment.

John
sparkymarky1981
Hooked

Hi Adam,
When would an engineer be available please as I work shifts.

Thanks
Mark
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi Mark, it's just the slot times I mentioned in my last reply. I know it can be a pain to take time off work for these things but anyone over the age of 18 can be there to let the engineer in if that helps your situation at all?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
sparkymarky1981
Hooked

Ok no problem

Anyday is ok and I'll go for the later pm time slot please.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Cheers, I've got that booked in for tomorrow afternoon (1pm to 6pm) 

I'll check back on the notes when I'm back on shift on Saturday in case we need to follow anything up with you but they should get it sorted out for us.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
sparkymarky1981
Hooked

That's great thank you so much
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No worries! Smiley 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team