cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow broadband …….

martin1959
Grafter

Slow broadband …….

hi my line has decided to run slow again.
we were getting 55/10 now we’re getting 30/9 if we’re lucky. It appears that the line has been banded incorrectly again.
this is a bit deja vu ish. It would appear that the auto banding majigger is a bit too sensitive. When the bt engineer came out in december he said the line was supposed to be getting 55mbs and that the profile would be reset. The speed issue seems to be occurring every 3 months.
would you mind working the plusnet magic again and get bt to reset the thing in the cabinet.
ta
me
5 REPLIES 5
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Slow broadband …….

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from Full Fibre to Broadband.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@martin1959 

Things to do first - Check your phoneline for noise -dial 17070 from a (preferably corded) phone -after the confirmation of your number, the only sound you should hear is the repeated 'quiet line test' message - ANY other noise, report a phone fault via: Report your landline problem | Help | Plusnet . If the line test is quiet, then report a broadband issue here: Report your broadband problem | Help | Plusnet .

If the result of the reports is 'no fault found', come back for further advice.

John
hotrod88
Dabbler

i've just done this and there was very light white noise in between but nothing unusual. worth reporting?

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@hotrod88 Depends if you have issues. Also please note, it is not helpful to piggy-back on another members topic, it can get confusing for them, and for those trying to help.

John
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi @martin1959, sorry for the delay in getting back to you, line tests show me that the connection has been banded so I've just put through a DLM reset for you which should come into effect over the next 24 hours.

@hotrod88, I've just had a look at your account and it's a different issue as the speeds have been lowered due to there being frequent disconnections. Line tests don't show me any obvious causes so it would be best to try following the checks here next: https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/connection-troubleshooting/

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team