cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

20-30 disconnects a day for the last week.

mull1t
Hooked

20-30 disconnects a day for the last week.

Hello,

We've been with Plusnet now for 4-5 months and it has pretty much been trouble free but for the last week we've been having disconnects pretty much throughout the day, sometimes it is one after another sometimes it can go a couple of hours totally fine.

This morning has prompted me to come here in the first instance to see if anyone can help (not sure if I can share my Event log here?)

But this morning whilst trying to do some work it has been disconnecting on and off since around 10:30am, I can see the disconnects in the event log but if I'm honest I'm not too sure what it all means - I've also checked the local and nationwide status report and I'm told everything is fine - i've also followed the troubleshooting checks.

4 REPLIES 4
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: 20-30 disconnects a day for the last week.

@mull1t Yes, you can share your event logs here - the WAN log would be the most helpful, as a screenshot posted within the topic, rather than an attachment.

The chances are it is unique to you, which is why you will not see anything in those status reports.

John
mull1t
Hooked

Thank you, it's been up now for 3hrs without any issues.

But I have posted a chunk from the WAN log this morning, it appears to be the same kind of 'message' so haven't posted everything single one.lusnet2.PNGplusnet1.PNG

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@mull1t To save typing:-

Things to do first - Check your phoneline for noise - dial 17070, select option 2 - from a (preferably corded) phone -after the confirmation of your number, the only sound you should hear is the repeated 'quiet line test' message - ANY other noise, report a phone fault via: Here . If the line test is quiet, then report a broadband issue via: Here  .

If the result of the reports is 'no fault found', come back for further advice.

In either case, please advise of the result.

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there,

I'm really sorry to see you're having connection issues. I've tested your line today and the tests are showing an "Impairment in copper joint detected most likely close to customer premises." so I'd like to arrange an engineer to get that fixed.

When could you be available for an engineer visit? The engineers from Openreach are available weekday timeslots (and occasionally Saturday's) of 8am to 1pm or 1pm to 6pm.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet