cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router keeps resetting

Cianaciana52

Router keeps resetting

For the past 10 days or so my router (hub one) keeps dropping off.  

Is this a sign that my router is on the way out, or is it a problem with the Plusnet signal?  Anybody else experiencing this?

4 REPLIES 4
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Router keeps resetting

@Cianaciana52 welcome to the forums. Can you please explain exactly what you mean by 'dropping off'?

John
Cianaciana52

The router keeps going off randomly going throught the the green, orange and then back to solid blue.

This can happen a few times per day.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

OK - just to give other Community members a chance to help, although it may not work:-

For Community members to be able to help, information from these two sites, as screenshots:-

BT Broadband(obscuring your phone number) and BTW Performance Tester - Over a wired (ethernet) connection if at all possible, please report the 'ADDITIONAL DIAGNOSTICS', and sight of the broadband connection status from your Hub would be a good starting point.

For the Hub One -

Navigate from the Home Screen to Troubleshooting > Helpdesk

For the Hub Two -

Navigate from the Home Screen to Advanced Settings > Technical Log > Information

It may also be a good idea to report the results of a Quiet Line Test - dial 17070 option 2 from a (preferably corded) phone. After the confirmation of your phone number, there should be total silence apart from the regular 'Quiet Line Test' announcement. Any other noise - report a PHONE fault first.

If phone test is OK then take the front off your telephone master socket, you may need to remove two screws. In behind you will find the test socket. Plug a filter in here and connect that to your hub. If it’s still dropping out then report a fault at https://faults.plus.net.

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there,

I'm really sorry to see you're having connection issues. From what I can see we've booked a Qube engineer to look into the problem further for you this morning. Can you let me know how it goes? 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet