cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Calls from Openreach

FIXED
martineyles

Phone Calls from Openreach

Is there any reason why Openreach would call me on my plusnet landline to discuss speed issues of the broadband?

I have had 2 calls saying they were from Openreach today. The first about speed, which I was suspicious about, and the second talking about router errors, of which I was even more suspicious. I told them that I would expect to be contacted by my ISP (without naming plusnet as the ISP), not directly by them, at which point they hung up. I assume that means I correctly identified it was a scam, not Openreach.
Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
martineyles

Re: Phone Calls from Openreach

I would appreciate an official possition on this from plusnet, assuming they monitor the forums.
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 278

@martineyles Help Team monitoring on here is sketchy, but take it from an experienced Community member that OR never contact end users directly - this is pure spam calling.

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 436

I assume that means I correctly identified it was a scam, not Openreach. 

Correct, Openreach do not contact customers directly , except possibly to confirm/change previously arranged (by the ISP) engineer appointments.

I would appreciate an official possition on this from plusnet, assuming they monitor the forums. 

PN staff do monitor the forums but dont expect an instant response.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 109

Fix

Unless you have an open case where a fault has been raised they will never contact you, certainly not about a speed issue and 100% not about router errors. It's a scam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
Anonymous
Not applicable

@martineyles  have you checked to see whether other people have reported that phone number as a scam using https://who-called.co.uk/  and add your own comment there to warn others of your experience.

martineyles

This came in on the landline, so I actually have no idea which number called.