Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPPoE local disconnection

crowroad
Grafter

PPPoE local disconnection

Just curious ....
At approximately 00:17 this morning, the PPPoE connection was remotely disconnected. The TG582n reported this as a 'local disconnection'.  The FTTC VDSL link remained up, as it has been for the last 11 days.
The router retried to make the connection but was only successful after 4 mins at ~00:22.
The CHAP challenges at that point were reported from acc-aln1.gw-lin / host (Junos).
It looks as if this was a remotely forced disconnection of the PPPoE link.  Anyone know why?
4 REPLIES 4
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: PPPoE local disconnection

Hi crowroad,
This could well have been BT maintenance, are you covered by any of the areas mentioned here?
crowroad
Grafter

Thank you Adam for the quick response
5th August
Battersea, Shepton Mallet, Glasgow, Nottingham, Colindale, Slough, Guildford, Sheffield, Stepney Green, Wolverhampton, Broxton, Saughall, St Germans, West Wratting, Abernethy, Buxton, Burgh, Harbertonford, Inverkeilor, Upper Largo, Inverness Culloden, Philpstoun, Duror, Shottisham, Kincraig, Kessock, Longhorsley, Embleton, Harbottle, Dochgarroch, Cardross, Old Rayne, Balmedie, Daviot, Liberton, Edinburgh Kirkliston, Fettercairn, Gayton and Letham, Doncaster, Aberystwyth, Belfast, Basingstoke, Birmingham
Yes, 3rd one in - but then a fair bit of the country has been affected as well, it seems.  Shocked
snailspace171
Grafter

I had a couple of disconnections late last night too... Here in Warwickshire. My connection is usually very stable. I had to tether from my mobile phone for a bit.
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No problem, glad I could help!
Planned Engineering Works are carried out quite regularly to keep the network and infrastructure in order so you'll no doubt continue to see these from time to time. They're normally nothing to worry about and you'll mainly find them delivering positive changes and upgrades, the trade off is that you may see a drop in connection during the early hours which is when they tend to carry out the work.
Keep an eye on the link I provided you with, we normally post up the planned work for the week ahead  Wink