cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Opinion

scootie
Grafter

Re: My Opinion

have you not got an option like below when you log into your router.
if you click connect it may get you back on the internet with out having resync untill we can find a permanent soultion to this problem for you
Galrey
Grafter

I belive I do ASBO DOG, but the problem is, how can I get to the routers page if there is no internet?. I haven't tryed it actualy
I will do it next time it happens and let you know if it works. All i know is that whhen the internet light goes off, and try to access
or open my browser to use the internet, a blanck page appears telling me that I cant access intenet.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

That will be because your browser default page is an internet site.
If it were about:blank in IE or just blank in FF then you wouldn't get the popup.
Connecting to the browser doesn't require internet access.
I can't remember which router you are using but the probable links to access the browser are
http://192.168.1.254 (Speedtouch router)
http://192.168.0.1 (Netgear and most other routers)
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

It's a BT Voyager 2091. You need to type 192.168.1.1 into the browser address bar, the image you should see is as on page 2 para.8 attached below. The "Connect" button is at the bottom of the screen towards the left. When you are connected, this button becomes a "Disconnect". You can use this when you want to hop Gateways or refresh your ppp session with PN.
Edit: If perchance your wireless connection locks up, try connecting the laptop with an ethernet cable remembering to tell the laptop to connect by ethernet instead of wireless.
Galrey
Grafter

Yes that's right it's a Voyager 2091 (but not for long in a weeks time I will get my Belkin G out of the box) Ok  I got that....I will do it the next time the internet light goes off.
Thanks
Galrey
Grafter

It just happened, the internet conection has gone again, and I've tryed what ASBO DOG sugested and it didn't work, after trying at least 5 times I gave up and had to restart the Router again, just in case no one belive me, and you all start thinking that I am paranoid about restarting the router I took some screenshots of me trying:
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If you can't get to the router using the browser it means it's either the networking on your PC or the router that is broken and it's nothing to do with Plusnet.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Galrey
Grafter

How do I find out which is which?
Anotherone
Champion

It seems to me you got access to the router ok.
There are a couple of things you could try here, check your wireless is set up securely, WPA encryption, a passphrase that is not a simple word and try a different wireless channel, this sounds as though something is interferring with the wireless causing the router to lock up.
Before the next bit , what are the current line stats?
If, having checked out your wireless and changed channel, the problem still arises, time to change routers and see how it goes.
Edit:spelling!
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

If I am reading your screen shots correctly you accessed the router and clicked on Connect and it just hung there not connecting.
If this is the case it appears to me that it is a router problem as you are still accessing the router but it won't login to Plusnet without a router reboot
Galrey
Grafter

Quote from: Oldjim
If I am reading your screen shots correctly you accessed the router and clicked on Connect and it just hung there not connecting.
If this is the case it appears to me that it is a router problem as you are still accessing the router but it won't login to Plusnet without a router reboot

That is exactly what did happen....At last you all starting to realice why I keep rebooting the router..... For a minute I thought I was going MAD.
Anotherone I will check my router encryption setup, but I am sure it's correct, that's one thing I am confortable in doing... I will let you know if everything it's OK.
These are tonight stats:
Broadband Line Status  
Line Mode G.DMT  Line State Show Time 
Latency Type Interleave  Line Up Time 00:01:14:47 
Line Coding Trellis On  Line Up Count 1 

Statistics                        Downstream              Upstream 
Line Rate                      1376 Kbps                  448 Kbps 
Noise Margin                8.9 dB                        13.0 dB 
Line Attenuation          63.0 dB                      31.5 dB 
Output Power              16.2 dBm                  12.3 dBm
Before I forget, I am back to te test socket, and I will give the i-plate a chance when I get to the source of my problems.

Galrey
Grafter

Anotherone
Champion

We understand why you rebooted, what wasn't certain was whether this only way out of the problem.
Anotherone
Champion

The only thing I've spotted there is if your laptops will support WPA2 encryption, 128 bit, that is a better standard.
Have you looked at the choice of wireless channels?
Galrey
Grafter

Ups sorry!....I haven't done the wireless chanels, I will do it straight away....thanks for reminding me.