Statistics Downstream Upstream 
Line Rate 1664 Kbps 448 Kbps 
Noise Margin 6.6 dB 13.0 dB 
Line Attenuation 62.0 dB 31.5 dB 
Output Power 17.1 dBm 12.3 dBm

Galrey
Grafter

Re: My Opinion

Please let me know when I can plug the Sky box back on the phone socket, my 4 year old wants to see Micky Mousse Club House on
Disney Channel...hahahaha Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy :D....
Thanks

scootie
Grafter

yeah plug back in( i thought sky worked with out having to have it connected to your line. isnt it just in contract that you have to have it connected for the first year)
that looks better but could just because its midday and the other stats were from an evening sync.
what stats do you get when you resync again at this time with everything connected as normal?
Galrey
Grafter

Ok, this is what I get with everything connected back into the phone socket  Crazy
Broadband Line Status

Line Mode G.DMT  Line State Show Time 
Latency Type Interleave  Line Up Time 00:00:02:47 
Line Coding Trellis On  Line Up Count 1 

Statistics                Downstream            Upstream 
Line Rate                1344 Kbps                448 Kbps 
Noise Margin          9.8 dB                      13.0 dB 
Line Attenuation    62.0 dB                      31.5 dB 
Output Power        16.1 dBm                  12.3 dBm
---------------------------------------------------------------------
K (number of bytes in DMT frame) 43 15 
R (number of check bytes in RS code word) 16 16 
S (RS code word size in DMT frame) 4 8 
D (interleaver depth) 8 4 
Super Frames 9793  9791 
Super Frame Errors 0  0 
RS Words 166484  83223 
RS Correctable Errors 660  0 
RS Uncorrectable Errors 0  0 
HEC Errors 0  0 
OCD Errors 0  0 
LCD Errors 0  0 
ES Errors 0  0
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

To avoid us going down a side track do you have any phone points in your house besides the master and if you do is anything connected to them.
The bit which puzzles me is the increase in noise margin between the last two tests given that the uptime was very short in both cases.
James
Grafter

That's a lot better.
You could either keep your router plugged into the test socket (it'll take your speeds a few days to catch up, or alternatively, buy an ADSLNation faceplate, which will achieve the same thing.
Galrey
Grafter

Hi again!
There is only two telephone sockets, 1 in the main bedroom but there is nothing conected to it, and the main telephone socket at the entrance of the house,
where the router, the telephone, and the Sky box  are conected to. For what I have noticed on the tests, my speed improved slightly when I took off the cover
of the telephone socket, and even better still when I disconected the Sky box ( I will have to get rid of it.... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy my dougters will kill me if I did..hahahaha ).
Anyway, thank you to all involved, I have now an idea of what is going on, and I am sure you have some other clients who need your help more than I do, and
as I have said in my first message, it's not PlusNet's fault that I live far away from the exchange, so I just plod along the best way I can.
Thank you all once again
Frangal
scootie
Grafter

your best bet would be to buy an iplate or adslnation filtered plate like james surrgeted.
you can also dissconnect the bell wires but i think you would be more comftable buying an iplate.
but the iplate will not stop any interfence from what you get when you plug the sky in only any interfence picked up by the bell wire in your extension sockets
one of the many places to buy an i plate from http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop/ShopDetail.asp?ProductID=7256
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 396

even better still when I disconected the Sky box

What can sometimes work with Sky boxes is to double filter them i.e. plug the sky box into a filter which is then plugged into the first filter.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

As a quick fix you could just disconnect the wires from the removable lower half of the faceplate or continue using the test socket.
I put in an ADSLNation faceplate which helped a lot but then as we went all DECT from the master socketso  I disconnected the wires from the faceplate as we were never going to use the extension in the bedroom and in any case the wiring to that point was cheap and nasty bell wire.
The other thing, if you have a spare filter, is to double filter the sky box - the router connects to the first filter of course - MisterW typed faster than me  Grin
Galrey
Grafter

Thank you all, you have been very kind....I will have a go at what you are telling me to do, but to be honest I do not have much of an idea  Crazy,
but as the saying says...No Game, no Gane ;D.
Thanks
Galrey
Grafter

Quote from: Oldjim
As a quick fix you could just disconnect the wires from the removable lower half of the faceplate or continue using the test socket.
I put in an ADSLNation faceplate which helped a lot but then as we went all DECT from the master socketso  I disconnected the wires from the faceplate as we were never going to use the extension in the bedroom and in any case the wiring to that point was cheap and nasty bell wire.
The other thing, if you have a spare filter, is to double filter the sky box - the router connects to the first filter of course - MisterW typed faster than me  Grin

Oldjim I have done what you asked me to do and this is the result:
Broadband Line Status
Line Mode G.DMT  Line State Show Time 
Latency Type Interleave  Line Up Time 00:00:21:31 
Line Coding Trellis On  Line Up Count 1 

Statistics                      Downstream        Upstream 
Line Rate                      1312 Kbps            448 Kbps 
Noise Margin                7.4 dB                    13.0 dB 
Line Attenuation          63.0 dB                  31.5 dB 
Output Power              16.1 dBm              12.3 dBm 
scootie
Grafter

the noise margin looks better but due to the time of day that would limit the sync rate. if you do a resync tomoro midday you should get the speed up towards what you saw on the test socket.
did you pull the wires out from the extension or double filter the sky or both?
Galrey
Grafter

Quote from: ASBO
did you pull the wires out from the extension or double filter the sky or both?

"I double filtered the Sky box and the telephone"
Galrey
Grafter

Speed Test from today....Much,much better...thanks!
Today 20:51            737 kbps (92.1kB/s)                  376 kbps (47kB/s)
Today 20:50            688 kbps (86kB/s)                    364 kbps (45.5kB/s)
Today 19:48            562 kbps (70.3kB/s)                  377 kbps (47.1kB/s)
Today 19:47            530 kbps (66.3kB/s)                  377 kbps (47.1kB/s)
Today 17:42            469 kbps (58.6kB/s)                  361 kbps (45.1kB/s)