Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet connection dropping

FIXED
diddlyf
Hooked

Re: Internet connection dropping

HI! , Mine was sorted after plusnet contacted Openreach , The guy checked my home connection, then the connection on the pole in the street, eventually found a fault in one of the "green boxes" in the town. It's been fine ever since, so the fact that it happened at the same time as plusnet were having issues with webmail, was pure coincidence.Plusnet were great and even contacted me and checked all connections a few days later.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @tdliedtke

I'm sorry to see you're having issues with your connection.

I can see on the 10th November we asked you for your availability for an engineer to visit you so we could investigate further. We've asked this because an engineer's identified a fault underground but requires access to track & locate the fault.  As we didn't hear back from you, the support ticket had closed after 14 days due to inactivity. 

Could you raise a new fault ticket at faults.plus.net and post back once you've done so?

We'll then pick this back up as soon as we can and contact you so we can book an engineer visit. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
tdliedtke
Dabbler
Fixes: 2

Hi @Gandalf ,

I have raised a new ticket. I missed the email requesting a time slot, but at the time it seemed the issue was resolved. But when I checked the router logs again I could see that we were still experiencing drops, but mainly at a time when we didn't notice it.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for raising the ticket @tdliedtke

No problem, I've updated it now. Could you reply by going Here?

If you can post back afterwards to let me know, I'll make sure we book the engineer visit as soon as we can.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
tdliedtke
Dabbler

Hi @Gandalf ,

I have replied to the ticket and offered either Wed 01/12/21 08:00 -13:00, Thu 02/12/21 08:00 - 13:00, or Fri 03/12/21 08:00 - 13:00.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

Hi @tdliedtke

I can see we've booked the engineer and updated the ticket 219981607 with the appointment details.

Let us know how it goes.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
tdliedtke
Dabbler

Hi @Gandalf 

the Openreach engineer has been, identified and remedied an external fault. All his tests came up clean. Hopefully that has resolved the issue.I will keep an eye on my router logs for the next few days and will update if there are further problems. Thank you very much for your help,

Regards,

Thomas

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Thomas, thanks for getting back to me.

Fingers crossed the engineers efforts have sorted this out for you! No problem, let us know how it goes. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): The fix has been changed to @Gandalf as per message #21.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

MartynJF
Hooked
Fixes: 1

I was getting this repeatedly and more frequently over the past two month. I could no longer stream videos, take online classes, or referee online-RPGs without hassle. It was causing despair. Nobody from customer service could tell me what was happening. The engineer sent to me said everything was fine my end. The problem is somewhere out there "in the copper" -- that old telecom infrastructure that's getting overstretched. I decided to upgrade to fibre and, although getting that done wasn't hassle free either, now it's up and running it's like a new dawn. I've not had one interruption since.

My advice is that if you are still on ADSL, get rid of it and upgrade to fibre if you can.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@MartynJF  My advice is if you are on FTTC is to upgrade to FTTP if it is available as soon as you can.😀 As Plusnet has not yet got any FTTP service (apart from the trial) it would mean changing to a new supplier.