Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet connection dropping

FIXED
tdliedtke
Dabbler
Fixes: 2

Internet connection dropping

I have an issue with my router disconnecting randomly. This started yesterday afternoon. The connection stays up sometimes only for a few seconds at other times for 20 minutes or so. I have rebooted the Router and the PCs, but that seems to make no difference.

25 REPLIES 25
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Internet connection dropping

Welcome to the forums, @tdliedtke . You have posted on the ADSL board - are you on ADSL or FTTC?

The two technologies require different approaches.

John
tdliedtke
Dabbler

I am on ADSL

jab1
Legend

OK - had to ask, though, as most seem to be on FTTC and quite often post on the wrong board.

First things first. It may be a good idea to report the results of a Quiet Line Test - dial 17070 option 2 from a (preferably corded) phone. After the confirmation of you phone number, there should be total silence apart from the regular 'Quiet Line Test' announcement. Any other noise - report a PHONE fault first.

John
tdliedtke
Dabbler

I did the "Quiet Line Test", that came up all good, no noise on the line. But the connection seems to have settled  again (for now)

jab1
Legend

OK  - keep your eye on it and report back if things go pear-shaped again.

John
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @tdliedtke, I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you and for the issues with your service!

I can certainly see there was a period on Saturday with a large amount of drops (the drops this morning are from the tests I have ran):

http://visualradius.plus.net/visualradius/generated/image16363612414760.png

Testing your line today has detected an external phone line fault. I have now raised this to our suppliers for further investigation and we can expect to have further updates within 48-72 hours, though it may be resolved before then.

I am very sorry for any inconvenience this causes in the meantime.

I have created a fault ticket here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=219425509 and just get back to us if you need any further support in the meantime.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
tdliedtke
Dabbler

I am still experiencing occasional drops, which makes working from home rather difficult as I need to reboot and reconnect to my employers network from scratch after every instance. On top of that I have now also been without access to my email all day. This is not really an acceptable level of service.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @tdliedtke,

I'm sorry to hear the issues haven't been resolved as of yet. I've taken a look into this tonight and have raised a response via the open fault ticket on the account, which can be accessed here. Once you've had the chance to read and respond to the fault ticket, please let us know and we'll pick this back up for review as soon as possible.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
diddlyf
Hooked

Hi, I am having exactly the same problem , following the webmail problems over the last couple of days I now have webmail back, albeit hit and miss. But also now  my internet keeps dropping out. Done all of the usual checks and resets to be told there is no problem. Tried to report a fault but once I press the Broadband button it tell me it cannot connect "insecure site ??".

Similar thing happened last year and I was talked into having a new router which came with a two year contract ( wish I hadn.t done that now.

Wil be leaving Plusnet after eight years, as soon as this contract is up.

jab1
Legend

@diddlyf It is not recommended to 'piggy-back' other Community members posts - it makes it difficult for anyone trying to help to follow the topic, and ensure the right details are passed to the right recipient.

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for your post @diddlyf

I'm really sorry to see you're having issues with your connection.

I've tested your line today and the tests are showing what's known as a high resistance fault somewhere we'd need to arrange an Openreach engineer visit with you to investigate further and resolve.

Can you reply to the ticket I've logged on your account Here or the text we've sent with when you'll be free for a visit?

If you can post back when you've responded, I'll make sure we book the engineer as soon as we can.

[edit]

Openreach have identified the high resistance fault to be potentially external so at this stage they're investigating further, which means we don't yet and may not need to arrange a visit with you. We'll provide an update as soon as we know more.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
diddlyf
Hooked

HI,  The internet dropping out problem has now been resolved by Openreach, it was a local fault in the town. I was unfortunate that it coincided with the webmail issue ( which is still ongoing ) Thanks for your help.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Glad to hear that your connection has now been sorted @diddlyf  - we'll get the email issue fixed as soon as we can. Smiley

Feel free to reach out if you have any further queries at all.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
tdliedtke
Dabbler

Here we go again!

Connection is dropping again every few minutes at the moment.