cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub two - Quest 2 - Air Link Issue

FIXED
SpikeySpike

Hub two - Quest 2 - Air Link Issue

I have recently upgraded to the Hub 2 and my Air link to my Quest 2 had to be reset due to connecting to the new Wi-Fi connection and is no longer detecting my PC, everything else aside from the Hub 2 is exactly the same as prior to the upgrade and i've contacted Oculus support and ran through every single test, factory reset my quest 2, reinstalled software, restarted the router, made sure its connecting to 5GHz connection etc.

Anyone else with similiar experiences or any advice to give?

If there is any information that would help let me know.

Thanks for any assistance

4 REPLIES 4
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 161

Re: Hub two - Quest 2 - Air Link Issue

Fix

At a guess, I would suspect that in your PC connecting to the new router, the network profile type (on the PC) has been set to public and therefore other devices on the LAN will not be able to connect to it.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

SpikeySpike

Ahem, you absolute beast of a Human being, thank you so much, spent hours doing everything else OTHER than the simple solution, didnt even consider it would change the Public setting as its the first new router ive gotten with the Quest and other devices seemingly connect fine, Phones and such.

Thanks again and hope this goes to helping any other oblivious people like myself! 🤣

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 161

Sometimes you have to have been bitten in the neck before to consider these angles!

The mixed experience within the community is what can make this is great space to receive (and to give) help.  Hope you will stick around.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

SpikeySpike

I intend to, Plusnet has had its ups and downs sure but the support has always been great so thanks for proving it!