Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC speed or lack there of.

Finguz
Grafter

Re: FTTC speed or lack there of.

Finguz crossed  Grin
As soon as he turns up he's going to be phoning you!
That's assuming he does turn up of course.
Finguz
Grafter

Nope, no sign of the engineer and we're off out for a meal in 10 minutes, so I think we can call that a ' no show '  Roll_eyes
englishrick
Grafter

My Engineer turned up today and virtually said after looking at my line(of which was perfect I might add he said) that there was nothing much he could do and to get back to PN..Everyone seems to just keep passing the buck. Apparantly there are no Congestion problems with my exchange but my speeds drop by over half come Peak time and my pings(30+ Ms) also rise in that time to a point where its a waste of time trying to play online on ps3.. So like he said looks like I gotta live with it and get the old board games out of the loft roll on monopoly and cluedo!!!!!!
dick:quote
AndyH
Grafter

I think you guys have different problems though:
englishrick - Your speeds really slow down at peak times, but return to normal at off peak times?
finguz/pod000 - Your speeds are really slow 24/7?
It sounds like some kind of fibre fault for finguz/pod000 (which apparently is really hard to locate and only regional tech guys have the machines capable of finding these faults as they cost a small fortune) and some form of congestion issue for englishrick (I would take what an engineer says with a pinch of salt as its a different team that deal with the links/backhaul).
Finguz
Grafter

I just noticed this
I have no idea if that could be related to the issues we're seeing of course, but it lists the Scarborough code.
smhartley
Grafter

Hi
I upgraded to PN fibre unlimited with provisioning completed on 4th March. My speeds, although slightly better than the dire 1Mb - 1.5Mb I was previously experiencing (the whole reason for going fibre) are absolutely rubbish! Guess what? I am also in Scarborough!!!  My cabinet is on Burniston Road, so not just an issue with Dean Road! . And I've just done this test:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2610535075.png
PN profile:
Phone exchange:
SCARBOROUGH
Estimated line speed:
36Mb (Accurate to within +/- 1Mbit) - Checked on 2013-02-18 22:21:10
Current line speed:
37 Mb
I've raised a ticket with PN.
pod000
Grafter

@smhartley  Those aren't good numbers. It looks like your problem is slightly different though because both your upload and download are suffering. Where as only our downstream is affected. Has your line speed changed dramatically over night or has it always been that good!
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

@smhartley
Are those speeds wired or wireless - if wireless can you try wired
smhartley
Grafter

Hi
@pod000
I got a result of 11.24 download, 1.41 upload and 34.13 Ping Latency at 1.00am the other morning but generally I am getting similar to what I posted in that test  Angry
Was getting around 24Mb when I tested it in the first few days after going fibre but now it has dropped right down.
@Oldjim
This test was done from my main pc which is wired. I have laptops and tablets which are wireless that are also coming up with similar numbers
just tested again
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2610749935.png
Mattz0r
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Good Afteroon smhartley,
Just checked your ticket on the account. Our testing system has automatically raised the issue with BT Wholesale, who are now requesting your availability for an engineer.
Please can you update the fault ticket on the account with three dates that you're available, an AM and PM slot on the same day counts as two different dates.
Let me know when you've done that, and I'll sort the rest out for you Smiley
Regards,
Matt
smhartley
Grafter

@Mattz0r
Thanks, I have updated the ticket with dates.
Regards
Stephanie
Mattz0r
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Thanks for that Stephanie,
I'll update the ticket with the appointment slot once it's been confirmed Smiley
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Matt
smhartley
Grafter

Cheers Matt, you too  Smiley
Stephanie
smhartley
Grafter

Engineer attended this morning as promised. Original engineer had apparently wired the socket incorrectly but there is also a Layer 2 switch problem affecting Scarborough and Filey (code 01723) so the engineer has advised that speed will not increase much until that is cleared.
Speedtest just done after engineer rewired socket:

Update on the Layer 2 problem would be appreciated as and when.
Thanks
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Update on the Layer 2 problem would be appreciated as and when.

Sure, this isn't something we're aware of but I'll add that to your ticket so our faults guys can check that out.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team