Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLM reset?

BaxMaxTuck
Grafter

DLM reset?

Hi,

At the end of last year my connection speed fell sharply in order to establish a stable connection when we were being battered by the winter storms, also at the end of november I had my master socket moved and the faceplate replaced because it was loose. I was wondering if DLM actually works on fibre, because since then I have had a very stable connection, sometimes staying up for 3 to 4 weeks at a time, but I'm getting no improvement in connection speed. I re-synced this morning after the connection had been active for over 3 weeks, and no luck. My current data rate is 12Mb/49Mb, even though I'm guaranteed 56Mb down. Can I request a DLM reset on here, or do I need to raise a fault ticket?

Regards, Chris

Moderators Note

Duplicate posted on ADSL board removed.

7 REPLIES 7
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: DLM reset?

Hey there Smiley 

That's all been sorted for you and the profile should be reset within  he next 72 working hours. The profile was banded at 0.128M-49M Downstream, Retransmission Low - 0.128M-12M Upstream, Error Protection Off

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
BaxMaxTuck
Grafter

Thank you for getting back to me so quick, I'll let you know how it goes.

Best, Chris

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No problem Smiley 

Take care for now 

-Adam 

Adam
BaxMaxTuck
Grafter

Hi there,

Just to let you know that after a couple of days my connection speed increased but only modestly to 17Mb/54Mb. Is this the best I can expect to get, or does it need looking into further. When I first joined Plusnet just over 3 years ago, I was getting speeds closer to 20/70. Could there be an underlying fault that needs addressing?

Regards, Chris

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks a lot for getting back to me and I'm sorry to hear that you're still having issues with your service. Testing the line this afternoon has found the banding to have been removed, the profile is now Downstream: 0.128M-80M with Retransmission (Low). Upstream: 0.128M-20M with no error protection, and the sync speed has increased to 54519Kbps. 

You're right though, in that expected speeds are higher, but with the reset only just completing, I'd monitor the connection for the next few days, and let us know if there aren't any improvements. 

Adam
BaxMaxTuck
Grafter

Hi,

Its been just over a week, and my connection has been up and stable the entire time, but unfortunately there has been no improvement in speed, just checked now and I'm at 17.4/54.5.

Chris

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi Chris,

It looks like there's been some improvement following the reset as your speed has gone up (marginally) from 49mbps to 54.5mbps. Your line though should be able to achieve between 67mbps to 80mbps so there's definitely an issue. 

Could you try plugging your router into the test socket behind the faceplate of the master socket > https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242 as this may improve things, but if it doesn't, we'll need to arrange an Openreach engineer to take a closer look.

Let me know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet