cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bandwidth cut?

00lloyd
Grafter

Re: Bandwidth cut?

Thanks, The sync rate is a 15meg, but it was at 18meg before (and stable, I was just doing a lot of rebooting/reconnecting). Will it gradually increase over time? Also I need to do a lot more rebooting/reconnecting to get the set-up I want working, may this result in profile banding again?
Thanks, Lloyd.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Lloyd,
There's no restriction on your sync rate now so it should sync at the highest possible. Are you in the master/test socket? That will make all the difference if not. As far as the banding goes there is a good chance it will be banded again if there's multiple disconnections.
Jojo Smiley
00lloyd
Grafter

Damn, when did BT start doing this, I've been without broadband for 4 months and this never happened to me in the the 3 years that I was connected prior?
Thanks, Lloyd.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Lloyd,
I'm not sure what system you were on before but banding only applies on ADSL2+
Jojo Smiley
00lloyd
Grafter

Is was using ADSL2+ with BE. I used to restart/reboot whilst messing with modem/router settings all the time. My line never dropped below 18meg in 3 years.
Lloyd.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Lloyd,
[quote=Joanne Pilson]Are you in the master/test socket? That will make all the difference if not.
just wonder about your set up there. Are you using the same router as before?
Jojo Smiley
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Quote from: 00lloyd
Is was using ADSL2+ with BE. I used to restart/reboot whilst messing with modem/router settings all the time. My line never dropped below 18meg in 3 years.
Lloyd.

thought BE was LLU only?
00lloyd
Grafter

No I changed from a 585v8 to a DG834GT yesterday, I need a modem in bridge mode to use with another router, but I can't get either working properly so I'm disconnecting all the time as trying out different settings. I'm trying to get PPPoE to work. As for where the modem is connected modem>filter>i-plate>master socket (all other wiring in the house has been disconnected to minimise interference, though it probably didn't really add any in the first place).
Lloyd.
BE, do but what difference does that make, is there no profiling on LLU?
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI Lloyd,
Well, that could make all the difference. I had a Netgear syncing at 17600 and when I changed it to the Thomson I now use I got 20004. I'd be interested to see what sync you would get with the Thomson.
Jojo Smiley
pierre_pierre
Grafter

BE, do but what difference does that make, is there no profiling on LLU?

they dont use the stupid BT DLM on LLU
00lloyd
Grafter

Hmm, well I can't be having this again, if it does, it's back to BE. I wonder if O2 use DLM, I think they use LLU too...
pierre_pierre
Grafter

there are two versions of O2, the O2 access which is not LLU and by all reports is bad and O2 LLU which is good
00lloyd
Grafter

Ahh, BE it is then (if it comes to it!).
00lloyd
Grafter

I'm on a banded profile again within 8 hours! This is shocking, if I'm going to be dropped to 1.5meg whenever I reset the router a couple times, then I've got to go with an ISP who doesn't use DLM. I thought £6.50 a month with 3 months free was a deal too good to be true, and now with all the cancellation charges I'll probably have to pay, I see how PN's business model works!
fourfourdevon
Grafter

If you keep being banded, then there is a reason for it, switching to BE if your line has an underlying problem will at best make your situation no better and at worse, worse.