cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice please.

FIXED
Steveo100

Advice please.

Hi, I'm banging my head on this, hope someone can help. Have had a Bt hub 6 working ok for at least 12 months. Suddenly no internet and an orange light. Have reset hub, and plugged in a land line phone, (mk4 BT master socket 5C) which has a dialing tone. Have also tried two other hubs including the pn hub 1. I also cannot access the home hub manager ! Just won't connect either the Bt or Pn page . I haven't a lap top or pc to connect via ethernet, as just use iPad and Android phone. Stumped as to what to do next. Tia
7 REPLIES 7
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: Advice please.

Fix

Hey @Steveo100

Thanks a lot for getting in touch and I'm really sorry to hear that you're having issues with your broadband service. I've run some tests on the line and can see that cross talk has been detected, which might be the route cause for the problems you're having. This has resulted on the profile on the line being banded too, it's now: Downstream: 0.128M-27.4M with Retransmission (High). Upstream: 0.128M-10M with no error protection which is likely due to a drop on the line which occurred on 25/01/2022.

This doesn't quite explain why you're unable to access your Hub Manager though, especially with the Plusnet Hub One. Are you typing 192.168.1.254 into the URL bar on your browser while connected to the router?

Moderators Note: Date corrected

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Steveo100

Hi Adam, thanks for your reply. Not sure what all the technical jargon means though 😆 ,The Hub one, just fired into action 🤷, and was then able to access the manager, surffice to say, this hub isn't as stable as the Bt hub6. Will maybe try the Bt hub another day. Are Pn still using the hub one ? As I have to renew my contract in March, we are on the unlimited fibre package atm. Tia.
Tags (1)
Shep41
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 6

@adam945. Plusnet now predict the future?
it's now: Downstream: 0.128M-27.4M with Retransmission (High). Upstream: 0.128M-10M with no error protection which is likely due to a drop on the line which occurred on 25/05/2022.
So Plusnet can see what's going to happen on 25th May 2022?
😆😆😆😆😆😆
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Whoops, that was supposed to say 25/01/2022 😂 - my bad, I’ll see if I can get that changed haha!
 Adam
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Now that you've managed to get onto your Hub Manager @Steveo100, I've gone ahead and have requested a DLM reset on your line, to squeeze out more Mbps. Hopefully this improves your overall connection. Let us know if you have any further issues going forward though. Smiley

Adam
Steveo100

@adam945 Ok thanks for this, internet still dropping btw. Unless you know different, I assume pn still use the Hub one for the unlimited fibre contract ? Tia.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @Steveo100, thanks for getting back to us. I am sorry for the drops you are having, these do look quite frequent so we may need to look at sending an engineer. I have created a fault ticket here with the next steps and if you give us a nudge if you add a reply, we can pick that up for you: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=221635129

The Hub One is still widely in use though we now have the Hub Two available. This is currently available for customers renewing their contract or new customers.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team