cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my drop cable splits into two wires - is this normal/ok?

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Re: my drop cable splits into two wires - is this normal/ok?

And do Plusnet quote people the B range of speeds in case they have unfiltered extension sockets? I don't think you do. Your "rare exceptions" are anyone who has more than one phone socket and lacks a centralised filter.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@MattyC wrote:

In some instances, we recommend checking with local electricians to see if they could arrange things for you. A new NTE5 master socket would probably improve the experience.

I certainly would not recommend this approach @MattyC.   Electricians generally have limited experience of Telecomms wiring apart from connecting wires between points.  Seen a number of jobs completed with straight multi-core not proper twisted pair - OK it normally works for the phone, but ADSL / FTTC?  Much better to look in the local small ads for an ex(?)  BT man who will do a much more reliable job.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

nox
Hooked

Just a final thank you to those who offered their comments. It's been helpful and my options are clearer now.

nox