Did you mean: 

ISP PlusNet Launch Faster Hub Zero 2704n Broadband Router

30FTTC06
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: ISP PlusNet Launch Faster Hub Zero 2704n Broadband Router

Quote from: jelv
Quote from: 11110_110
Why do you need the second router to be on the same range? This would only serve to make it easyer to get into and configure the secound router.

If (as I believe is the case here) you are using the second router as an switch and extra wireless access point its a PITA. Would it even route internet traffic that is not on it's own subnet? Would different LAN devices on two different subnets be able to talk to each other?

eh!
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

I'm not even sure that the F2704V2_6_29_3a4N_ETISALAT_fs_kernel_NONE firmware file is for the same router model - look at the picture, and it's listed as 2704 not 2704N.
The most interesting pages I found about the 2704N were these ones.
AndyH
Grafter

I think that's what they found on that Polish forum as the wifi stops working.
30FTTC06
Pro

Is any of this of any use.
"The modem administration screen resembles the products of D-Link. Perhaps one custom firmware. On the plus side, I point out the fact that the same be in Portuguese, which helps many users.
Access to this screen is given by the famous 192.168.1.1 and the combination admin / admin. However, a few minutes sufficed to discover that many important functions of this modem are simply absent. In particular, the option to enable the controversial TR-069 does not appear, leaving the user with no options. Access via telnet and SSH does not offer a way to access the shell Busybox.
That's when, digging, I discovered a Call info option in the system, in Management. Basically, what it does is generate a file sysinfo.f24 - that looks a lot like an XML - with all modem status information, certainly for technical support purposes. When reading the file, what was my surprise when I saw this:"

"This is the most dirty of history! The user "admin" is simply not an administrator: this is a common user! The true administrator called super! But what would your password? It was enough to use a site conversion Base64 to discover:
    User: super
    Password: @ c, essoO1
Update: Thanks to Maílson reader, here are also the login information for users of Live TIM also have this modem:
    User: T1m4dm
    Password: T1m4dm
By accessing the page with these credentials, got access to my complete modem and could disable the function controversy. Including facilitating access via telnet provided more commands - although I am still researching how to access the shell.
Bottom line: The modem Sagemcom is an excellent product, but operators administrators create "fake" users to the user to remove the power to customize it to the extreme. Knowing these credentials avoids the risky task of updating the firmware."
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

Can the config settings be saved via backup / restore?
If so can anyone with one of these thing's please post a copy of the config file.
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

That assumes the configuration backup is to a text or xml file and not a blob of binary encrypted data.
The sysinfo.f24 file is generated by a page that has a button "to generate a report about the system status and configuration." Well, it is in the ETISALAT firmware for a different model at least.
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

XORSearch.exe works on some simple encryption.  Wink
30FTTC06
Pro

Or this maybe... https://www.base64decode.org
chrcoluk
Grafter

Quote from: Oldjim
Since we are discussing it
I had a play before going back to the TG582n
I have raised the following internally
Respond to ping is permanently disabled on security grounds - so forget about BQM
Telnet is disabled and I didn't find any way of enabling it - so no monitoring programs will work such as Routerstats
Can't fix a device IP address which for me is one reason I won't be using it except for testing
When switching one supplied for ADSL to fibre it has to be set up manually  - TR069 won't work and all settings revert to default - and it is then only a three port router

haha it does indeed sound like this device is on BT's command.
By coincidence BT retail homehub's also block ping.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

If you need more than 3 ports, it's worth getting a switch and connecting one port of the switch to the "router".
Still, it seems a really rubbish router that Plusnet are supplying.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

PowerLee
Pro
Fixes: 2

I wish people would stop moaning about this new router Plusnet are supplying  Roll_eyes
It does the job of getting people online, thats all that most people want / need.
If you want / need a better router then go spend your own money on the device that suits you.
Plusnet could supply an all singing & dancing device as standard, I bet you would all moan if the prices where raised up to pay for them.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Ok PN do supply a basic router which would be fine for 90% of customers .
But i believe they should also give you the option of a better router if you decide you need it , Lets face it PN most probably would get a better deal from a supplier than any of us here .
most would not be afraid to pay for a better performing model , which i have said before they could spread the cost over each months bill  .
when i first started with PN many moons ago now i had the Thompson until i moved to fibre i was lucky enough to be given a Netgear router not a thompson, and it performs a lot better than the thompson i had before.
so it shows they can acquire a better router if they want .  
PS this new one looks horrendous  Embarrassed  would look in horror if i had that on my desk
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
chrcoluk
Grafter

I got no big issue with the low spec, the shocker is the fact it has no integrated vdsl modem.  As someone said what will happen when openreach stop installing modems.
AndyH
Grafter

Plusnet release the TG589vn v3?
Whilst they are still offering only engineer installs, it makes sense for them to continue providing low-cost routers. No doubt the TG589vn v3 is in a completely different bulk pricing bracket compared to the 2704n router.
DJGM1974
Dabbler

Quote from: DomS
Ok - had a play with the new router. It didn't take long ........
Pro's:
Router has an onboard option to switch between FTTC and ADSL
Menu's are snappier and everything is a lot easier to navigate
Devices on network can be time restricted.
Cons:
Bright pink feet.
No guest or secondary network
No USB
Time restricted devices can only be assigned a time - not a day of week as well.
No way to set IP address of router / subnet / turn off DHCP server etc ......

Replying to the bit in bold ... let me get this straight, if I had this router in place of the Technicolor 582n router I currently have, would I no longer
be able to manually setup static IP addresses to any device that I add to my network? If that is true, that is a massive dealbreaker for me.
The Technicolor 582n might be a basic rubbish router compared with others available elsewhere, but at least it lets me do that.