cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum "Who's Online" is broken

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Forum "Who's Online" is broken

I don't understand how Plusnet don't appear to have a Service Level Agreement with Khorus to resolve any reported issues within a defined short period of time.

Since this 'new' forum started, it would appear that Khorus just ignore the problems we were reporting, although that could equally be down to ineffective Plusnet staff not communicating issues to the correct Khorus reporting channels, and then not chasing them for solutions.

While this current "Who's Online" topic is relatively trivial,  it seems that the same nothing being done about it attitude prevails as back when I was reporting that forum page loading and refreshes were taking a minimum of 11 seconds and typically 15 - and Khorus couldn't reproduce that either, blaming me for something I was doing, but unsurprisingly the problem would disappear when Khorus did a reboot !

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 79

Hopefully someone within BT Group as an account here - link 🙄

Dan

Anonymous
Not applicable

Apparently I've disappeared again !

Screenshot 2023-08-26 at 11-47-49 Plusnet Community.png

Nothing has changed since my earlier post today, same login, same settings, same browser tab, just a later time.

Although technically that current display is now correct according to my (unchanged) privacy settings -

Screenshot 2023-08-26 at 08-57-53 My settings - Plusnet Community.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Still useless !

Screenshot 2023-08-28 at 23-56-17 Plusnet Community.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Now a month since this started and still no sign of a fix

Screenshot 2023-08-31 at 00-44-12 Plusnet Community.png

SeanD
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Hi Folks,

I am so sorry that I have not been able to provide a meaningful update.  I have an open ticket with Khoros at the moment but they are struggling to offer an explanation or a path to have this fixed.  I have now escalated the case and will update you when I know more.

@Anonymous The issue you have specifically reported with the error when displaying the 'Who's online component?  It appears that this experience is specific to you so Khoros have asked if you could try different browsers and confirm if you experience the same issue.

Khoros has oddly not been able to replicate the issue of the inaccurate reading on the Who's online component which is why they have not been able to suggest a course of action to fix.

I will update you again when I know more.

Cheers

Sean

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 259

Cheers for the update, @SeanD .

The issue @Anonymous opened this topic with is not unique to him - I too see it on odd occasions, especially if I'm up very early in the morning - say 0530-0600, but it usually resolves itself within an hour or so, and does not return for the rest of the day.

I find it close to impossible to believe they cannot reproduce the inaccurate readings on the 'Who's online' component, and I would also like to know why members I know to be online - from posts being made - do not appear in the list. Even stranger, why do I seem to 'disappear', when I am permanently logged in, and most days, I am posting? The below screenshot was taken at 10.21.07Screenshot 2023-09-04 at 10-21-07 Plusnet Community.png

John
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, so I tried Firefox, Chromium, and Chrome, on different machines and they all show the IDENTICAL wrong display -

In this instance, the display seems formatted correctly, however there are lots of members missing who are clearly online,  the count is showing as 13 but the number of avatars is 14,  my own avatar is randomly missing, and as @jab1 pointed out - where is his avatar as he is obviously online and active !

Screenshot 2023-09-04 at 11-08-17 Plusnet Community.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Only one user online ?  I very much doubt that is true !

Screenshot 2023-09-06 at 00-12-11 Plusnet Community.png

SeanD
Aspiring Pro

Thank you all for your continued contributions to this issue.  I am sorry that we haven't offered a solution.

I have kicked this issue back to Khoros who are once again looking into potential causes and will update me when they have something to share.

They are pretty confident that there is nothing on their backend causing the problem but have suggested that it may have something to do with a custom component that was developed in-house here and PlusNet.  However, we have not introduced any new components or coding changes in years so it doesn't explain how this issue has come about.

I have asked for clear guidance on what we need to do to fix this, but Khoros not being able to replicate the issue is adding delay and complexity to the fault-finding process.  Rest assured I will stay on this until we get an explanation and a path forward.

I am sorry for the frustration that this is causing and appreciate your patience while we figure this out.

Cheers

Sean

Mav
Fixes: 516

@SeanD 

With respect issues with "Who's online" have been around almost since inception back in 2016 (e,g, https://community.plus.net/t5/Community-Site-Feedback/I-m-not-here/m-p/1340338?search-action-id=7840...)

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SeanD wrote:

@Anonymous The issue you have specifically reported with the error when displaying the 'Who's online component?  It appears that this experience is specific to you so Khoros have asked if you could try different browsers and confirm if you experience the same issue.

Cheers

Sean

@SeanD  from @Mav 's link,  this from SEVEN YEARS AGO feels so familiar !

Screenshot 2023-09-06 at 12-56-15 Re I'm not here.png

SeanD
Aspiring Pro

@Mav wrote:

@SeanD 

With respect issues with "Who's online" have been around almost since inception back in 2016 (e,g, https://community.plus.net/t5/Community-Site-Feedback/I-m-not-here/m-p/1340338?search-action-id=7840...)

Thanks @Mav,

I will add this to the ticket 👍

Cheers

Sean

Anonymous
Not applicable

Still can't count, and members who are obviously online aren't showing -

Screenshot 2023-09-18 at 23-24-42 Plusnet Community.png

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Just wondering, does it matter? 

If so why? Seems  you are another ex customer trying to justify your decision to leave.

Why not just move on, what are you trying to achieve, there are much easier targets if you really want.