Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum "Who's Online" is broken

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Forum "Who's Online" is broken

@jab1 wrote:

Khorus say they 'can't duplicate the issue' - what, even when they have time-stamped examples?

I don't understand why they have to "duplicate the issue" - when the Plusnet forum is CONTINUOUSLY broken !

@jab1 wrote:

If I was into conspiracy theory (which I am not), ... ... you see very little of customers concerns, and never see resolutions.

... and when a customer reports a problem with this forum or the main Plusnet website, the first reaction from Plusnet is that it MUST BE something wrong with the customer's browser, etc - despite there being dozens of identical reports from other customers.

I AM into "conspiracy theories" - because nearly all of them have turned out to be true !

been there, done that, got the T-shirt -

Screenshot 2023-08-22 at 14-52-26 ALEX JONES WAS RIGHT T-shirt - XS-XXXL - M_F - politics Donald Trump Info Wars eBay.png

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 260

😂😂 Must admit I'm getting that way with this forum these days. The more the PN brand is absorbed into 'BT Consumer', the more the forum is being emasculated.

John
Anonymous
Not applicable

It does feel like the Plusnet staff have given up, as none of them appear to be trying to make anything better, instead hiding and doing as little as possible to maintain the products, or improve the level of support, or do anything innovative. While at the same time little by little removing existing products and account features - and hoping that no-one notices or complains too loudly.

Perhaps the rumours on ISPreview about the imminent merger of Plusnet with EE is true ?

jab1
Legend

Perhaps the rumours on ISPreview about the imminent merger of Plusnet with EE is true ?

Who knows? - all I can say is I'm glad I escaped when I did, although I'll be a little sad if that happens.

John
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just out of interest, where did you escape to ?

jab1
Legend

Zen - where   you are going?

John
Anonymous
Not applicable

A&A

I'm checking my A&A control panel every hour, watching the log update and telling me every stage as my order progresses.

So far I'm VERY impressed, and am looking forward to hours of fun connection tweaking with all the granular controls available. I'll also finally get to ditch my Hurricane Electric 6in4 tunnel and have native IPv6 with a 1500 MTU.

I should be fully transferred from  landine+FTTC  to  SOGEA+VoIP+IPv6+IPv4/30  by the end of next week.

😎

jab1
Legend

Ah, OK - must be mixing you up with someone else (198Khz?).

I was impressed with Zens communication and speed during my transfer. I currently have SoGEA FTTC (40/10), IPV6, and VoIP for a very good price and no clear idea when I will be able to get FTTP, although for my needs I am quite happy with this combination.

John
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@jab1 wrote:

Ah, OK - must be mixing you up with someone else (198Khz?).

Aye, 'twas I.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Anonymous
Not applicable

So that begs the question, where is  @198kHz  off to ? - or does Zen in your signature mean you're already gone ?

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Yes, went in June, and very happy there.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Anonymous
Not applicable

Khorus FAIL !

Screenshot 2023-08-24 at 23-09-53 Plusnet Community.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

"Who's Online" is still wrong.

However, I've got another related question -

Why is the appearance of my own avatar completely random ?,

I'd estimate my avatar appears maybe 30% of all the times I'm on the forum and logged in.

If you look back through the previous images I've posted in this thread, you can see sometimes I'm shown and other times not.

Screenshot 2023-08-26 at 08-04-31 Plusnet Community.png

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 84

What I want to know is why I am shown as on line as it's against my privacy setting

Screenshot 2023-08-26 081412.png

I see this when online users are listed.

Screenshot 2023-08-26 081623.png

Clearly I am not.

jab1
Legend

@Dan_the_Van  (and @Anonymous ) this bit of the site has always been slightly broken - I never log out, so in theory should always be shown as online, but like Nibiru, sometimes I'm 'here', sometimes I'm 'not'.

However, since this topic was started, I have kept a closer eye on the online user list, and noticed that even when some users are actively posting, they don't appear in the list.

For Khorus to say they 'can't reproduce the situation' smacks of either (a) incompetence or (b) a conscious decision to make us look stupid. There is a third idea in my head, but I'm not posting it here.

John